2020 Summer Update

View attachment 218282

Easy first game in the groups. We coasted past Romania 3-0, I myself scoring 2 of those goals

View attachment 218281

The second group game put us up against Norway. I didn't score in this game, but we still managed a 2-1 win thanks to my Southampton teammate James Ward-Prowse. With that result we qualify from the group stages.

View attachment 218280

Once again I don't score, but once again we win regardless. A good 2-0 win against our toughest opposition so far in the form of Belgium.

View attachment 218279

However, I am back to scoring ways in the second round. Holland were arguably the better team, but we overcame them by two goals from me. A fantastic feeling to be the reason your country gets to the quarter finals of the Euro's.

View attachment 218278

And the dream ends. I scored a goal, but it wasn't enough as Italy beat us 3-2 in the quarter finals. Still, a decent tournament for England.

View attachment 218277

A decent tournament for England, but a great one for me. I nearly win the Golden Boot, but miss out because I had more playing time than 1st and 2nd place.

View attachment 218276

However, the summer is not all good for me. I tear my hamstring, meaning I'll miss the start of the season. Disappointing as I was in excellent form coming out of the Euro's

Season 7 Update

Not much happened this season, so I'm just doing the whole season in one update.

View attachment 218181

I sign a shiny new 5 year deal here at Southampton, increasing my wage to 60k a year. I'm very happy here, and glad to sign a new deal.

View attachment 218180View attachment 218179View attachment 218178View attachment 218177View attachment 218176

So I'm in the top three young players in five months this year. I come 3rd in Young Player of the Month in November and May, either side of winning it three months in a row in December, January and February.

View attachment 218175

Not a good season for Southampton with a 17th place finish. I do like it at this club, but I do think I may need a move soon to a better team.

View attachment 218174View attachment 218173

14 goals in 34 appearances. I'm still not amazing, but I am getting better. In a couple seasons time I could be a real top quality player.

Season 8 Update

View attachment 218162

I had a fifteen hour goal drought carried over from the end of last season and the start of this one. Luckily at the start of September I scored against Cardiff City to end that and get back to scoring ways.

View attachment 218161View attachment 218160

Some transfer interest in me from top clubs. I do have interest from City and Arsenal, but most of it seems to be coming from Liverpool. While I am a United fan, I can't deny being flattered by interest from a club as big as Liverpool is. It would also mean European football from me, which is exactly what I want.

View attachment 218159

Just reiterating what I said above really. Due to all this interest I am a bit unsettled at Southampton as I definitely do want a big move.

View attachment 218158

However, Southampton did do very well to get a sixth place finish. I really do not know how we didn't qualify for Europe though...

View attachment 218157View attachment 218156

Southampton had a good season, and so did I. 20 goals from 41 appearances is a good return, averaging a goal once every two games. I also got my first average rating over a 7.00 since my first season. All this shows I'm making great progress as a player, and that the interest from big clubs is entirely justified.

2022 World Cup

View attachment 218139

Good news! I am selected in the England squad for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. I am super hyped for this.

View attachment 218138

And we draw 0-0 with Algeri in our opening group game. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come...

View attachment 218137

Nope, the Algeria game wasn't a sign of things to come. Things got worse. However, if we beat Portugal in our last group game we can qualify.

View attachment 218136

All we managed was a 2-2 draw, knocking us out of the World Cup. On a slight positive, I did manage a goal. However, this was extremely disappointing. Only two points, and only two goals which only came in the third group game. Terrible.