Matthew Upson to start against Slovenia

Sigh, This kind of talk is very frustrating. Mathew Upson is a quality defender, he has had a poor season but this happens.

Too many users on this forum are quick to call players ****/amazing after a good/bad run of form.

It's not like you are sending me in there, or worse, Titus Bramble.
i don't personally think he's ****, and when he plays well he is a top quality defender, but due to Dawsons good form this season i'd rather have him in there tbh, but only because of form and confidence.

plus i never feel comfortable with Upson in the defence, just doesnt seem like he'll do well.

Haha having seen every west ham match last year, i can say upson is absolute pone! But its unfair to bring dawson in for his first cap in a game like this.. also Max, lets blame West Ham for our only world cup triumph ;):D

Sigh, This kind of talk is very frustrating. Mathew Upson is a quality defender, he has had a poor season but this happens.

Too many users on this forum are quick to call players ****/amazing after a good/bad run of form.

It's not like you are sending me in there, or worse, Titus Bramble.

I know what you mean, It is like the scotish people i this forum who call england **** after 2 bad games. ;)

Upson, is in no way a quality defender, hes very mistake prone and i think that dawson is miles better, however my main issue is going to be who starts on the left wing, since capello didnt bring a left sided winger...

You can't bring in Dawson for his first cap in such a huge and pressurising match so really there is no choice. It has to be Upson.

Those of you saying you prefer Dawson - The man has never played a match for England! Upson has at least some experience of England games and has also played with John Terry - At least give the bloke a chance, ******* ****.

Dawson is quality, should be in the team ahead of Upson and Carragher, also King.

Love the man.

Whats the point in calling Dawson up?

If Postman Pat doesn't want to play him in a high pressure games, as they all are in the WC, apart from the 1st game, then why not call up someone like Wes Brown who has England experience.

Whats the point in calling Dawson up?

If Postman Pat doesn't want to play him in a high pressure games, as they all are in the WC, apart from the 1st game, then why not call up someone like Wes Brown who has England experience.
because dawson is still better than wes brown. you'd all be frothing at the mouth if he had brought brown in the first place

I'll be interested to see if he steps up to the mark.

There is no denying he has been inconsistent, if not poor for England in the past.

Who knows? Maybe a good World Cup is the opportunity he needs to get his England career going.

because dawson is still better than wes brown. you'd all be frothing at the mouth if he had brought brown in the first place

Atleast he might have played Brown as he has experience. Both Brown and Dawson are miles better than Upson. Upson is cack. Experience or not, he's total *****.

WHY! WHY! dawson has played better than carragher and upson why wont capello do the right thing anymore before the world cup he couldnt do any thing wrong now he cant get anything right

Atleast he might have played Brown as he has experience. Both Brown and Dawson are miles better than Upson. Upson is cack. Experience or not, he's total *****.
well he has winning partnership with terry played 6 won 6 together. lets actually see how the game goes before wailing and tearing our hair out ok? so much for us being "the best fans in the world"

Fifa have also announced that German referee Wolfgang Stark will take charge of the clash with Slovenia.

That ref rings a bell but I cant think of why wasnt he the guy that rejected all of Chelsea's penalty appeals against Barca and was threatened?

Disgrace, so much for picking players on form and merit....

well he has winning partnership with terry played 6 won 6 together. lets actually see how the game goes before wailing and tearing our hair out ok? so much for us being "the best fans in the world"

i bow down to you madsheep for using my stat lol the 6games out off 6. your truly a legend lol.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

yer i agree with that. but their way no chance dawson would of played just mainly because he didnt choose dawson in the first place so obviously to capello he likes upson over dawson.

Wow, 6 games, they were all against pretty naff teams so that's not really anything to boast about. Upson has had a **** season where as Dawson has been amazing so yet again Crapello is going back on his word of picking players that are on form. If you wont give players a chance against the likes of Algeria and Slovenia then what is the point in calling up players with no or very few caps?

maybe he just doesnt impress in training. i would have liked dawson myself. but we dont see what goes on behind closed doors. impressing domestically doesnt mean you're suddenly going to be immense to the national side.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Wow, 6 games, they were all against pretty naff teams so that's not really anything to boast about. Upson has had a **** season where as Dawson has been amazing so yet again Crapello is going back on his word of picking players that are on form. If you wont give players a chance against the likes of Algeria and Slovenia then what is the point in calling up players with no or very few caps?
isnt slovenia around that level of "naff teams"? oh and croatia was in that 6 as well.

so much for us being "the best fans in the world"

Meh, I am sure there are players at United that you don't like, there are players at the toon that I don't like, and don't want playing. Doesn't make me a bad fan for having an opinion on the squad.