wigoo

Reaction score
What action do I need to take to ensure that I get the maximum amount for my players?

Here's the situation: I'm in my second season with Ajax, reached the semie's of the CL last year and now in the QF. But next summer I want to reorganise my squad: sell two or three player for a huge amount and buy three or four even more talented young players that will further increase the quality of my squad in the long run.

So, I want maximum value for say Suarez, Verthongen and De Zeeuw. What can I do in terms of asking price, talking to them, offing them to clubs etc to achieve this?

I tried some stuff just now, and club that were moderately interested offered a maximum of 2 times the players normal value (non-negotiable), which I think is way too low, seeing their development and achievements.

Any tips?

PS I searched for existing topics but could not find them, sorry if I missed them...

i wouldkeep hold of Suarez i sold suarez for 20m and i struggled to get goals that season and finished 2nd if u keep offering the players out they will become unhappy

Hmm... Well, this is a massively downscaled version, but in my first season at FC Seoul I sold a player worth $900k for $1.3 million, which is a considerable amount more for the standard of player he was, and these are the simple steps I took (if I recall correctly...):

1. Transfer listed and offered to clubs for $1.5 million (at the time I had no idea how teams in South Korea payed for transfer targets, so I was hoping to get the most for him).

2. Got interest from many clubs, rejected all bids of 900k that I got.

3. Offered again for 1.4 million, less clubs were interested but I got a bid for $1.1 million.

4. Didn't answer straight away, contemplated it, then accepted.

5. Another club swiftly made a bid of $1.3 million after that, a foreign club, so I accepted that too and hoped he would accept the 1.3 mil deal.

6. He did.

Now, I suggest offering to clubs for a reasonable amount, that you would still be happy with. For example, a player worth $10 million, and you want, say, $20 million for him. Unfortunately, that won't always happen, however first offer at that price. Reject everything too low for you. Offer again if no suitable bids come in for $18 million, and just gradually lower it until you find a medium the other clubs are willing to pay. Sometimes you may not get the amount you want though, and you might just need to settle for whatever you can because if you try and sell a player, you obviously don't want him. When you don't want him, he'll obviously not be playing much. As he doesn't play, his value drops, and you'll never get that amount for him again.

1) what patch are you using? the new updated 11.2.1 has fixed the transfer bug as well as the difficulty in selling your players (which was bordering on the near impossible in the previous patches)
2) keep on offering the players out, clubs act more vigourously closer to the transfer window as well..

3) dont sell Suarez for less than double his value, the Dutch league is not the greatest, so you might lose a bit of cash on selling him in comparison to having him at Liverpool for eg (not really anything to do with the question, just stating it)

4) try offering your players over a 48 month deal, this tricks the AI into accepting sometimes in relation to offering him at 20 upfront :D
5) offer him out at like 500k and set to reject all offers - see all the clubs who are interested and try offering a straight swap for Suarez for a player that you really want - for eg: Getafe want Suarez - offer 0 for Soldado with Suarez as player exchange... this works all the time!

I tried this with Mudjza for my Freiburg team, OM wanted him, offered straight swap for Taiwo, they accepted, he was not interested...

1) what patch are you using? the new updated 11.2.1 has fixed the transfer bug as well as the difficulty in selling your players (which was bordering on the near impossible in the previous patches)
2) keep on offering the players out, clubs act more vigourously closer to the transfer window as well..

3) dont sell Suarez for less than double his value, the Dutch league is not the greatest, so you might lose a bit of cash on selling him in comparison to having him at Liverpool for eg (not really anything to do with the question, just stating it)

4) try offering your players over a 48 month deal, this tricks the AI into accepting sometimes in relation to offering him at 20 upfront :D
5) offer him out at like 500k and set to reject all offers - see all the clubs who are interested and try offering a straight swap for Suarez for a player that you really want - for eg: Getafe want Suarez - offer 0 for Soldado with Suarez as player exchange... this works all the time!

I tried this with Mudjza for my Freiburg team, OM wanted him, offered straight swap for Taiwo, they accepted, he was not interested...

This. Great explanation Raikan ;)

Strange, I've only ever made one player swap agreement, which was in FM 2010. Real offered me Van Der Vaart and 20 mil for Adriano, of course I accepted. Thus far, it hasn't happened again at Seoul or at Villa in FM 2011...

Thnx 4 some of the quick responses.

What do you guys do with the players asking price during the season? I usually set them at about 2.5 times player value for the players I want to keep. I find that this leads to less offers for them ,so they stay happier. But I also get the idea that it also scares away the really big offers? Any thoughts?

Also I want to stress that this is not specifically about Suarez and nto about the short term, the question is more: what combination of factors (during the season) do I take into a count to ensure that the offers I do get for my players are really high? Example: Suarez' current value is 7 mil, if I offer him to clubs at 25 mil (five or so are interested) they all offer 14 (twice 7), how would I be able to get 20 mil (which I think is reasonable).

1) it is not often at all that clubs will EVER offer more than 100% more than the players current value in Fm11! just remember, during the recession this was programmed so clubs dont and wont overspend!

2) Dont waste the time setting all your players asking prices, leave them alone! I never get offers for my players that are wanted by Leverkusen and Valencia etc etc, they just enquire, dont repsond! dont stress about that at all... when you want to sell someone, offer them out! work from there..

3) the only factor is your players current Value, nothing else really, its not that realistic that now Papiss Dembe Cisse of Freiburg (who IRL is having a great season so far) is valued at 3 million in December, yet having scored 16 gls in 20 games, trying to offer him out at 16 million due to the fact he is having a storming season, AI and the clubs (to my knowledge) to dont take this into account! so as I said, the only factor is player value and of course, this goes hand in hand with your club Rep (you will get capped at a certain level for your most prized players, like Suarez, at United having the same season, he would be at least 13 million) which in turn you could probably get around 26 million for him...

so the most you will and can get for Suarez (or any other player) is double the amount of his value!

you wont get 20 for him! even though you should! your club rep and stature will not allow this (as per reasons above)

Thnx 4 some of the quick responses.

What do you guys do with the players asking price during the season? I usually set them at about 2.5 times player value for the players I want to keep. I find that this leads to less offers for them ,so they stay happier. But I also get the idea that it also scares away the really big offers? Any thoughts?

Also I want to stress that this is not specifically about Suarez and nto about the short term, the question is more: what combination of factors (during the season) do I take into a count to ensure that the offers I do get for my players are really high? Example: Suarez' current value is 7 mil, if I offer him to clubs at 25 mil (five or so are interested) they all offer 14 (twice 7), how would I be able to get 20 mil (which I think is reasonable).

First of all, I leave it at not specified for the players I don't want to sell, because then clubs know I don't want to sell him, I'm not putting a price on his head no matter how ridiculous it is.

Second, that's double his value! You seem to have a bit of an unrealistic expectation for him, I used to do that all the time with my players and ended up keeping far too many due to that. 14 million is MORE than reasonable, take it while they're offering, you reject them all and you probably won't ever get as high as 14 again.

However, you CAN get more than double a player's value... It's just INCREDIBLY unlikely. However, some players you'll see going away every game for more than double their value. There's a South Korean striker who went out to Inter for like $10.25 million, and he was valued at $4.6 million. It's just, once again, incredibly unlikely, and in your case you just won't get more.

i have the new update and have never sold a player for more than their value, really starting to annoy me now

Offer them ONCE(not more) for a big amount of money - example: offer a 3 mil euro player for 8-9 mil euros and if there were already clubs interested you'll get at least about 5 mil and perhaps even more

So basically what you are saying is that the game has changed slightly (because of the recession and maybe also declining reputation of Ajax)? In previous games I could sell my best Ajax players for between 16 and 24 million, but now I should be very happy with about 14, 15 million?

Everyone agree? :S

raikan has got this nailed....like everything else :p