McAfee and IE8 Beta 2 problems

James

Reaction score
I decided to see what IE8 Beta 2 was like for the crack (I use Firefox btw) so I installed it and it was still the typical Internet Explorer **** but this time it had a privacy setting.

Anyway I tried to open up my McAfee SecurityCenter window and the splash screen came up but the SecurityCenter window just came up blank and I could not do anything.

So I uninstalled IE8 Beta 2 (which on vista its classed as an update so had to remove the update) and McAfee then worked no problem at all. i searched this problem on the internet and other people had the same problem as me.

Typical Microsoft making there browser incompatible with one of the most important security packages, probably trying to make you use there ****** Windows Live OneCare ****. I know its only Beta but surely you would test to see if its compatible with something which alot of people ahve installed on there PC.

Usseless Microsoft. I havn't tried IE Beta 8 yet (downloading now) I'll give it a go. IE7 is awful it just doesn't display simple CSS correctly.

McAfee sucks. So does IE. There's ya problems...

I know IE sucks but whats wrong with McAfee

Too protective. I don't like being treated like a n00b. AVG Free is much better as it's quite lite compared to all the fancy antivirus software.

Yea whs^.

Talking of new browsers what do people think of Google Chrome?

Used it yesterday for a while and it impressed me more than Opera ever has and i used it for longer and considering switching from Firefox for a while.

I havn't bothered yet. I wouldn't change even if i downloaded as I'm too set in my ways with Opera and unless it becomes massive I won't download it as I only really have Firefox to debug websites and make sure they display ok as that's obviously a very popular browser.

Chrome would be decent to use at uni and things. So a portable version would be nice. I like my extension packed Firefox too much to switch at home though.

Heres me slaggin off McAfee and i get a trojan horse :( didnt even download any *********** or anything.

Hahah n000000b

Meh got rid of it now so all is good i think :).

AVG still pwns.