McCarthy unhappy at Ward red card

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is "not convinced" by the dismissal of Stephen Ward which proves pivotal in his side's 2-0 defeat at Liverpool.

More...

Errr they got it right in the end, im sure you would have been thankful if the boot was on the other foot.

the ref didnt know what he was doing Liverpool shouldn't be pestering him after he made the 1st booking

Why shouldn't the Liverpool players of pestered the ref? It's not like he didn't see the foul or we were asking for a different decision, just for the correct player to be booked.

Liverpool acting unprofessionally they should of accepted the ref's decision and played the game

Yup, really unprofessional asking the officials to fix a glaring and match changing decision.

well it did change the match and liverpool were right to tell the ref the wrong player but not all 11 players had 2 just the captain

The Liverpool players did the right thing but in the wrong manner.
They should have gone to Gerrard the captain, and he should have then gone to speak to referee instead of the whole team bombarding him.

Yup, really unprofessional asking the officials to fix a glaring and match changing decision.

if the wolves player would of done the same, you would of moaned about it for about a year.

Perhaps, but then maybe Ward and the Wolves captain could of stepped up and saved all the hassle.

On the other hand if it was Berra who actually committed the foul but Ward received the yellow then there's no doubt the Wolves team would of gone ballistic.

if the wolves player would of done the same, you would of moaned about it for about a year.

Don't make such statements about me, thanks. I'm not a whiney ***** like most fans and wouldn't mind the correct decision being made.

sorry. but i think you would if it was at the expense of your club. why dont we go back and look at every bad decision and take the points of them clubs then. next penalty decisions will be taken back.

Wouldn't you be outraged if a player should of got a second yellow card but the ref booked the wrong player? This is real life, everything matters, Liverpool had the right to complain.

it happened before in the champs league and scottish football. the players walked of when he didnt commit the fould and just got on with it. they didny whine and moan, just accepted it happens.

Was that for a red card though that could change the game on it's head? Your point really isn't valid.

max, in my example a player got sent off, when he shouldnt off. tht did change the game.

max, in my example a player got sent off, when he shouldnt off. tht did change the game.

He shouldn't of got sent off? He made 2 challenges worth a booking. 2 booking = sending off, are you stupid? I know the Liverpool players were a bit strong with the arguments toward the ref but in the end the right thing was done. Reina made me laugh running forward from his own goal :P Mccarthy is a ******** IMO not just because of this, he's always hated Liverpool and he annoys me to ****.

are you stupid, i was talking about the previous post. when a player got booked( in a different game) when he shouldnt of, another player committed the foul. tht was his 2nd and he walked off without any complaints, the other team didnt complain ever, niether did his team. so why could liverpool act like tht.

Mick should just face it that Ward commited yellow cards which were imo completely justified, therefore resutting in a red card. Although I'm a bit ****** off too as ward is in my schools fl team :S

sorry. but i think you would if it was at the expense of your club. why dont we go back and look at every bad decision and take the points of them clubs then. next penalty decisions will be taken back.

It wasn't a bad decision. It was just a case of mistaken identity.

are you stupid, i was talking about the previous post. when a player got booked( in a different game) when he shouldnt of, another player committed the foul. tht was his 2nd and he walked off without any complaints, the other team didnt complain ever, niether did his team. so why could liverpool act like tht.

Because we are battling to try and get into the top 4 this season and we need results?

Back