McCoist to become Rangers manager

PafcLad

Reaction score
Rangers have confirmed for the first time that Ally McCoist will take over as manager when Walter Smith steps down at the end of the season.
Assistant manager McCoist, 48, has been groomed as Smith's successor since the pair returned to Ibrox in January 2007.
Now McCoist has agreed a one-year rolling contract, with number three Kenny McDowall to become his assistant.
The 62-year-old Smith had announced earlier this season that this would be his last as manager at Ibrox.
And he expressed his wish that assistant McCoist, who scored 355 goals in 581 appearances for the club, would be his successor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9404913.stm

This was known for a long time but guess thats the takeover obviously fallen through :(

Im pleased with this (i think)
It is obviously hard to tell how much he knows and how good he will be without being part of the Rangers back-room staff, however I dont think he is up to it :)

It is highly possible that I will be proved wrong as im sure many Rangers fans felt the same when Lennon took over at Celtic.

was always going to happen, i like McCoist and hope he brings success to Rangers