McLeish to be new Birmingham boss

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Alex McLeish resigns as Scotland manager and BBC Sport understands he will take over as Birmingham boss.

More...

I'm actually so ****** off...AGAIN. Walter Smith was dead and burried and got Scotland job and did amazing he got the team out of a really bad mess and went back to Rangers which i guess i understood. So Mcleish comes in dead and buried and does ok ish i mean he lost to georgia and struggled to beat em first time around and fair enough gave us a chance and increased our rep etc but international football suits him so well as he is a great motivator and does not need to buy any players but his record in club football is poor. With Motherwell he inherited a bunch of players brought in by someone else and finished 2nd.a few years later he brings in players and always gets them religated and leaves a sinking ship and goes to Hibs and does a decent job ill give him that and moves to Rangers with **** Advocaats squad but slowly he signs his own players and makes a joke of Rangers.Who knows he might do well but i think he will struggle after 1-2 years. What a **** take for Scotland thats two decent gaffers that have moved back to club football i mean what can you do? the next guy that comes in might do well then he will be gone. i think we need someone at maybe the endish of there managerial career that maybe wants to take it easy and may be commited.

rant over

Does Sir Alex not want to leave Man United yet? Im sure one day he should be Scotland manager.

Just learned that Fergie has already been Scotland manager, can't believe i never heard that before.

yup, he had them in the WC 86 afer Stein I think.

Apparently Kris, Mcleish out-trophyed O'Neill when they were at the old firm, but I don't know if this was meaningless league cups or what. Was Smith dead and buried? I thought he'd always done ok.

I can't blame Mcleish for doin that, though I thought maybe he wuda done thru to the 2010 WC because he was clearly doin somethin special. I hope he does well at Brum but more importantly hope Scotland can find someone decent to carry on. Reckon Billy Davies is up to it??

Mcleish was good when he had Advocaats squad but when it came down to it he was in charge for the clubs worst ever run of games. As for Walter Smith yes he was really because he had no job since he was sacked by Everton in 2001 or when ever it was and was never linked to anything else really. Davies hmm i dunno i think he has done amazing in the championship but has had no real big time experience i dunno if i would like him.

While the scots probably love him now :p he wasnt fit to manage England so he definetly aint fit to manage Scotland

My top three that i would love to have and being realistic is. Craig Levein, George Burley or Gerard Houllier (sp)

Houiller and you're being realistic? lmao, don't think so some how.

why not? he is being linked with Ireland so why not us? and we are 14th in the world. would be a good job

Ally McCoist for Scotland and Gary Lineker for England - everyone knows it!

Nah, Billy Davies will go Scotland :p