• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish is left disappointed with several players after they took part in a drinking session five days before their crucial end-of-season match.

More...

You know what to do now, use your balls and leave them out.

Unlikely as 2 were 'keepers I think. They haven't broken any club rules either, I don't see how drinking until 4 am 5 days before a match can affect their performance really

Wong time no speak Base :wub: (you've changed :()

They've essentially accepted we're fecked and on our way to the division two. Fozzy was simply drowning his sorrows.

Unlikely as 2 were 'keepers I think. They haven't broken any club rules either, I don't see how drinking until 4 am 5 days before a match can affect their performance really

considering how poor they have been he wants no distractions at all, wants them focused entirely on training for the last game

They've essentially accepted we're fecked and on our way to the division two. Fozzy was simply drowning his sorrows.

Long time no see to you! <3
In a way, hope they're relegated so we can steal their defence...

Hardly professional thing to do. Still, maybe if they got hungover it may replace the long running post-Carling Cup Final hangover.
No excuse for this sort of thing. Should be training harder, and be 100% focused on trying to survive in the prem, rather than having drinks. Wigan players aren't doing it, Blackpool players aren't doing it, Wolves players aren't doing it, Blackburn players aren't doing it.......spot which team has the sensible players, who are professional enough to know that it's unprofessional to do that. If I was McCleish I'd fine them. But I'm just harsh.

League two, you mean? ;)

Hardly professional thing to do. Still, maybe if they got hungover it may replace the long running post-Carling Cup Final hangover.
No excuse for this sort of thing. Should be training harder, and be 100% focused on trying to survive in the prem, rather than having drinks. Wigan players aren't doing it, Blackpool players aren't doing it, Wolves players aren't doing it, Blackburn players aren't doing it.......spot which team has the sensible players, who are professional enough to know that it's unprofessional to do that. If I was McCleish I'd fine them. But I'm just harsh.

Maybe the other players just arent getting caught :P

Maybe the other players just arent getting caught :P

Would've agree but there's so many people with cameras on phones lol. Or the press have a habit of turning up when you least expect them to-or when you don't want them to aswell lol

Come on, they're human, not machines. Granted, the timing isn't great, but it serves them right for holding an end of season gala before the season has ended.

League two, you mean? ;)
If one believes what one reads, we could possibly be heading into extinction (again), this was from a Viler though. Probably scare mongering...

If one believes what one reads, we could possibly be heading into extinction (again), this was from a Viler though. Probably scare mongering...

Probably scaremongering, I don't see you going extinct any time soon. If you stay up, you benefit from the Prem's riches; go down, and receive parachute payments. I know it isn't as simple as that, but it'll go some way at least.

not sure about extinction, but financial news is pretty grim reading

Probably scaremongering, I don't see you going extinct any time soon. If you stay up, you benefit from the Prem's riches; go down, and receive parachute payments. I know it isn't as simple as that, but it'll go some way at least.

I genuinely am unsure. Carson Yeung hasn't really been open with his financial situation, and is constantly selling things to raise cash to keep the FA off his back. To Hleb, Derbyshire, Bentley and Martins (legendfo'life) we're paying a reported 200k between them. For bit part players/crocks that's pretty ridiculous. This is a highly contributing factor in why we have one of the worst wage bill to turnover ratio in Europe. I genuinely doubt we could survive in the championship without coming up next season. Financial meltdown warning.

I reiterate, we are fecked.

I genuinely am unsure. Carson Yeung hasn't really been open with his financial situation, and is constantly selling things to raise cash to keep the FA off his back. To Hleb, Derbyshire, Bentley and Martins (legendfo'life) we're paying a reported 200k between them. For bit part players/crocks that's pretty ridiculous. This is a highly contributing factor in why we have one of the worst wage bill to turnover ratio in Europe. I genuinely doubt we could survive in the championship without coming up next season. Financial meltdown warning.

I reiterate, we are fecked.

Welcome to the world of an Everton fan. Over 50% of club turnover is on wages

Welcome to the world of an Everton fan. Over 50% of club turnover is on wages

50% of turnover being paid out in wages is pretty standard for a Premier League football team, I'd say.

Aren't Manchester City paying out 90%?

Back