McLeish upset with player conduct

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 1K
50% of turnover being paid out in wages is pretty standard for a Premier League football team, I'd say.

Aren't Manchester City paying out 90%?

But of course they can offset their ridiculous wages through oil money, which people like Brum and Everton can't.

I genuinely am unsure. Carson Yeung hasn't really been open with his financial situation, and is constantly selling things to raise cash to keep the FA off his back. To Hleb, Derbyshire, Bentley and Martins (legendfo'life) we're paying a reported 200k between them. For bit part players/crocks that's pretty ridiculous. This is a highly contributing factor in why we have one of the worst wage bill to turnover ratio in Europe. I genuinely doubt we could survive in the championship without coming up next season. Financial meltdown warning.

I reiterate, we are fecked.

Hi mate.

Pannu has reiterated that Blues as a club are fine financially, its BIH that are in debt of a mere 30 million.
The media have always tried to make such fuss about these stories to seell papers. Pannu has claimed time and time again, that the club is run fine and is no major trouble. This is why we recieved the UEFA licence.
A recent papers headline showed YEUNG NOT GOING TO SPLASH THE CASH, but when you read the article, it he says he will, but fans have to realise its got to be spent in a sensible way. So until the breaking news is that Blues have gone bust, im not worried about our financial state. Although I am worried about our football state XD I do have a slight feeling we will be fine though.

Hi mate.

Pannu has reiterated that Blues as a club are fine financially, its BIH that are in debt of a mere 30 million.
The media have always tried to make such fuss about these stories to seell papers. Pannu has claimed time and time again, that the club is run fine and is no major trouble. This is why we recieved the UEFA licence.
A recent papers headline showed YEUNG NOT GOING TO SPLASH THE CASH, but when you read the article, it he says he will, but fans have to realise its got to be spent in a sensible way. So until the breaking news is that Blues have gone bust, im not worried about our financial state. Although I am worried about our football state XD I do have a slight feeling we will be fine though.

what pannu says doesnt wash though, becuase BIH is still linked to the club. For him to say the club isnt in financial trouble is simply lying to the fans

But of course they can offset their ridiculous wages through oil money, which people like Brum and Everton can't.

That doesn't detract from my original point that 50% turnover going towards wages is anything other than standard, where most Premier League clubs are concerned.

That doesn't detract from my original point that 50% turnover going towards wages is anything other than standard, where most Premier League clubs are concerned.

No, indeed. I don't really know enough about the finances to comment, but I did find this from the year before last which makes rather shocking reading.

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/pdfs/moneygame.pdf

Now I know Villa's has gone down, and will probably decrease again this summer. Stoke are looking great, as it happens.

what pannu says doesnt wash though, becuase BIH is still linked to the club. For him to say the club isnt in financial trouble is simply lying to the fans

He didnt say we werent in financial trouble but he said it was manageable as he said the BIH group which was used to fund the buyout is in trouble on the stock market atm.

He said that Yeung still has money and that we will be fine as the trouble is manageable.
I think getting a UEFA license shows this so i am no too worried provided we stay up/come up within a season or two

He didnt say we werent in financial trouble but he said it was manageable as he said the BIH group which was used to fund the buyout is in trouble on the stock market atm.

He said that Yeung still has money and that we will be fine as the trouble is manageable.
I think getting a UEFA license shows this so i am no too worried provided we stay up/come up within a season or two

It was manageable until relegation was involved. Providing you stay in the prem its ok, after that it gets very ugly

It was manageable until relegation was involved. Providing you stay in the prem its ok, after that it gets very ugly

I think West Ham are in a worse situation than Birmingham imo. Already relegated, best players leaving, other players on stupid wages that don't reflect their ability, relegation costing them at least £40 million.......and the parachute payment definately won't help. Potential for a Leeds Utd situation there

I think West Ham are in a worse situation than Birmingham imo. Already relegated, best players leaving, other players on stupid wages that don't reflect their ability, relegation costing them at least £40 million.......and the parachute payment definately won't help. Potential for a Leeds Utd situation there

west ham are up **** creek sadly, cant see any quick way back for them at all

At least we have the Europa League to fall back on next year aswell for a small but needed financial gain of about 10-15m

At least we have the Europa League to fall back on next year aswell for a small but needed financial gain of about 10-15m

yeah rather be in your shoes than west ham's

yeah rather be in your shoes than west ham's
I dont support financially great teams. Shels my other team got relegated 3 weeks after winning the league and had to sign 18 players in 3 days just to play :P

west ham are up **** creek sadly, cant see any quick way back for them at all

It is sad. Have a soft spot for the Hammers and the fans. Like a traditional family club. I suspect that their going to be spending a few years out of the Prem. Whole club needs an overhaul.
But with Birmingham, I'd say the financial situation is pretty grim reading on paper, if they stay up, it would be manageable, but with much tightening of belts. Plus if they did go down, they have a manager who would be more than capable of getting them back up again. If they stick with him, so could be a case that financially in the short term it would hurt, but getting promoted would maybe even things out.

Back