Me, myself and FM

MikeyC89

Reaction score
Hello if youre reading this, thanks for your time.

I’m Mikey, I’ve been hopelessly addicted to football management simulation games since LMA '98 for the Playstation. If I remember correctly I successfully took Fulham up to the premier league from the old division 2. Ive played through LMA, champ managers, Total Club Managers and now what has become a Football Manager since then.

Fondest game was taking Crawley from non-league to championship mediocrity on FM ’06. In 10 seasons I won what is now the Johnstones paint trophey 3 times and got to the League cup final before losing to Chelsea. First time I became a club legend with any team on any game!

I’ve become somewhat of a part time player now I have a full time job after my university studies, but FM 13 is my most played game during my down time.
Currently got myself a save going with Freiburg that has seen them become a German Title contender after 7 seasons with a great setup for youth prospects. Im pretty proud but am yet to win any major trophies with the club (no offence to the German cup).

Im a massive believer in creating my own tactics, trainings and formations etc. as I tend to think it’s not really your game if you’ve borrowed someone else’s winning techniques… Not all work, but that’s the beauty of it, having to adapt your style for the club(s) you manage for it to work best for them.

So yeah, that’s me…

Im constantly looking for new and entertaining game ideas so if you have any please get in touch. Some of the manager stories on here have really captured my imagination so I might do an original twist on something previous.

Cheers for the read,
MikeyC89