That left hand side looks hugely open. Depay is high. Pogba will be getting forward a lot and far up the field. Shaw bombs down the flank. Who's actually defending there?

Compare that to the right. Darmian bombs forward and the Anchor Man will cover.

Last edited:
That left hand side looks hugely open. Depay is high. Pogba will be getting forward a lot and far up the field. Shaw bombs down the flank. Who's actually defending there?

Compare that to the right. Darmian bombs forward and the Anchor Man will cover.

I don't want to put shaw on defend because I'd be not using him to his full abilities. Also what are your thoughts on my strike partnership?

I don't want to put shaw on defend because I'd be not using him to his full abilities. Also what are your thoughts on my strike partnership?

I play with that formation. I'd put Luke Shaw on attack (I'm a Southampton fan and have had joy with him in that role in earlier editions of FM), keep Depay on Support, put Mkhitaryan on Attack and Darmian on Support. Switch your Hit Early Crosses to Look for Overlap and get Pogba and Schneiderlin to Switch Ball to Opposite Flank (Preferred Move). Have Rooney Move Into Channels and Shoot More Often.

Set up crossing instructions:
- Luke Shaw: Cross From Byline; Aim Crosses at Target Man
- Memphis Depay: Cross From Deep; Aim Crosses at Far Post
- Henrik Mkhitaryan: Cross From Byline; Aim Crosses at Centre
- Matteo Darmian: Cross From Deep; Aim Crosses at Target Man

Encourage Pogba to Shoot From Distance - he's good at that according to a YouTube video I saw this week, so I'd hope that has been noted in his FM character. The Shadow Striker role is designed to work with the Deep Lying Forward role, so if Martial or somebody else can play that role you should get more out of Rooney from the No.10 position. I'd prefer Schneiderlin as a Ball Winning Midfielder_Defend.

I play with that formation. I'd put Luke Shaw on attack (I'm a Southampton fan and have had joy with him in that role in earlier editions of FM), keep Depay on Support, put Mkhitaryan on Attack and Darmian on Support. Switch your Hit Early Crosses to Look for Overlap and get Pogba and Schneiderlin to Switch Ball to Opposite Flank (Preferred Move). Have Rooney Move Into Channels and Shoot More Often.

Set up crossing instructions:
- Luke Shaw: Cross From Byline; Aim Crosses at Target Man
- Memphis Depay: Cross From Deep; Aim Crosses at Far Post
- Henrik Mkhitaryan: Cross From Byline; Aim Crosses at Centre
- Matteo Darmian: Cross From Deep; Aim Crosses at Target Man

Encourage Pogba to Shoot From Distance - he's good at that according to a YouTube video I saw this week, so I'd hope that has been noted in his FM character. The Shadow Striker role is designed to work with the Deep Lying Forward role, so if Martial or somebody else can play that role you should get more out of Rooney from the No.10 position. I'd prefer Schneiderlin as a Ball Winning Midfielder_Defend.

I like the individual tactics you've set up. My only concern with your roles is the inclusion of a BWM(D). The reason I didn't go with a BWM in the first place is because he constantly roams from his position to desperately win the ball. This causes the opposing team to have more space to pass or shoot. This also results in Schneiderlin picking yellow cards at LEAST every other game. I'm liking the idea of a DLF paired with SS a lot though.

Why do you have hit early crosses? You re playing wide (Attacking is innately wide) and have wingers and attacking fbs -esp shaw). Hit early crosses doesnt fit with this ...