Meet the Spartans ... at Croft park !

Distorted

Reaction score
Meet the Spartans ... at Croft park !

blyth-logo.png

Introduction

Hello fellas , got really bored of this game , i mean it's not that different from FM 2011 , is it ? I really hope the game developers will introduce some revolutionary ideas and features in FM 2013 .

Anyways , just thought about starting a story to make it a bit more interesting and enjoyable , and i hope you'll enjoy it too !

I decided to manage Blyth Spartans , but just to make it clear , i'm not from Blyth , i'm not even British , but i'm a fan of British Football , and i think taking Blyth as far as i can is quiet a challenge . I'll also need your advice and help as this is my first story ever ! :)

The Club

View attachment 263027
founded in 1899

Semi-professional

Media prediction 13th

Finances OKAY

Estimated value :
275 K

Fierce rivals : Gateshead

Croft Park ( Facilities )

blyth-stadium-croft-park-500x279.jpg

View attachment 263028

Nothing impressive at this level , a stadium capacity of 4400 ( 563 seats ) , a poor pitch condition , training and youth facilities . Hopefully we'll have decent facilities in 7 or 8 years , when we'll be an established EPL club ! :)

The Tactics

0271f-c1079881-bbc5-4e47-aeb2-9b096cc2bd14.png

I'm using an " aggressive " 4-5-1 , with high pressing , a faster than normal tempo , direct passing and hard tackling .

The idea is to win the ball back as fast as possible , and unleash a long ball to the wingers or the main striker .

I hope with this tactic , we'll achive back to back promotions until we reach the promised land !

Main Transfers

Martin Camano

images

Solid center back , strong and aggressive and good in the air .
The kind of defenders we love in the UK .

Pablo Counago

images

I don't think i really need to introduce this guy ! lol

Steven Thicot

030144069.jpg

French solid defender / Midfielder , had top flight experience in France and Scotland , with Nantes and Hibernians . Has pretty good physical attributes and passing , i'm sure he's gonna be a key player for us for years to come !

Enzo Scorza

images

Amazing player from Uruguay , our very own Luis Suarez . Explosive pace , and great technique . This guy is gonna get us around 30 goals this season !

Objectives

Short term

Win the Blue square bet north title

Long term

Take the club as far as i can ( EPL and Champions league Champions hopefully ) :D

I'm very surprised and delighted with our start to the season ! 9 Wins in as many games , and we only conceded 2 . We scored 29 goals aswell , thanks to our main forwards , Scorza , Counago and Guichard .

We are now sitting 7 points clear at the top of the table , totally dominating the league ! I just don't see any team so far who has enough quality to cause us trouble in this league , maybe next season ?

Player of the month

Enzo Scorza

d598bc32-5a35-4430-9773-162e102527a4.jpg

Scored 8 goals in 9 games including an exquisite effort against Droylsden !

Used his devastating pace to torment opposition defenders and his technique to drop in the hole and pull the strings .

Average rating : 7.87

October

October has been a " FA Cup " month . We played 4 games out of which 3 were FA Cup ties . We won the three of them , so we got 24,5 K of prize money next month ( and it's a big deal at this level ) .

Hopefully we can keep winning Cup games to improve our finances .

Blyth Spartans 5 - 0 Dartford

View attachment 263409
Hucknell 1 - 4 Blyth Spartans

View attachment 263410

Whitby 0 - 2 - Blyth Spartans

View attachment 263411

As for the league , we are still sitting on top of the table . In fact , we increased our lead by 9 points , and we are still in October .

The lads are having fun playing together , while i'm putting extra hours work at the office , trying to find a way to deal with future challenges
! Elle est belle la vie !

looking good so far mate! I always used to sign Guichard on FM10. What are his stats like on this one?