Status
Not open for further replies.

I3east

Reaction score

0,,10304~9394631,00.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday have appointed former West Bromwich Albion and Bolton boss Gary Megson as their new manager.

The 51-year-old has agreed a three-and-a-half-year contract and again links up with Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric, whom he worked under at Leicester City.

Megson replaces Alan Irvine, who left Hillsborough on Thursday with the Owls lying 12th in League One.

"I am delighted with this appointment because Gary is a top drawer manager," Mandaric told the club website.
"He has tremendous experience in the Championship and the Premiership and that is where Sheffield Wednesday needs to be.
My target when I bought this club was promotion this season and that remains the case."

Megson had this to say;
"Wednesday is a club that I know as well as anybody," he told a news conference on Friday.
"I had two spells here as a player and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's something I've always wanted to do and I'm delighted. It's a tough job, but we want to get it moving quickly.
"I don't view it as 14 months out. I had 12 months on gardening leave so I didn't do a great deal. I have missed the football and i am delighted to be here now."
Megson made 286 appearances as a player in two spells with the Yorkshire club.

Megson has singled out the following three players who will be key to his squad gaining promotion

Clinton Morrison,31, striker
0,,10304~8946508,00.jpg

Neil Mellor,28, striker
0,,10304~8946515,00.jpg

Jermaine Johnson,30, midfield
0,,10304~8946487,00.jpg

Ill follow your story as a wednesday fan myself :).... Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.