Reaction score

May 2013 - After passing my course I am now a fully fledged football manager and with the world at my feet i have the whole globe to manage in, The LMA (League Manager's Association) had given me the number to a manager agent named Frank Phillips.

After phoning Frank, he got back to me with a list of clubs who would sit down and have discussions about being their manager, they were:

• [*=left]Sheffield Wednesday
    [*=left]Walsall
    [*=left]England U21's (National Job)
    [*=left]New York Red Bulls (U.S.A.)

I sat down and looked at each application carefully

Sheffield Wednesday - A big club who aspire to be in the premier league, growing up with Wednesday in the Premier League in the late 90's the days of Carbone & co are long gone but its a challenge that intrigues me.

Walsall - Local club to me and a team who with limit resources would be more about getting the most out of the players i have there. The lack of inspiration from the board however is off putting

England u21's - A great job to have but would it be too soon for a rookie manager, maybe club football would be better to start with as i would not be running my team day to day, however to manage a England team at any level would be awesome.

New York Red Bull's - A enigma of a selection, I love america and new york especially but the MLS is not the same standard as european football, different rules to get round would be difficult, however to work with great players such as Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill.

(who should i choose, my first step in management is down to you. Don't just state who, sell it to me why should i pick that team and would it make a good story)​

I would select Walsall as it's where you would best use your qualifications you've just gained, plus you could go in as Under 18 or 21s manager and work your way to first team manager! Never seen a Walsall story on here, so would be something different.

I would select Walsall as it's where you would best use your qualifications you've just gained, plus you could go in as Under 18 or 21s manager and work your way to first team manager! Never seen a Walsall story on here, so would be something different.

would be a challenge +1 for walsall then

think wedensday would be fun to bring the big time back allso what streaky said never seen a walsall story that could be fun

yes i agree i think you should start of at walsall never seen a story about them and it might be a fun save

WALSALL APPOINT PUGH

League One club Walsall F.C. have today appointed young and unproven manager Desmond Pugh on a 12 month deal. Chairman Jeff Bonser is happy with the appointment saying "We have a bright young lad in Desmond, and i have no doubt he will strive to get the best for this club"

A brief background...
Walsall F.C are a team currently in League one. The club are based in the West Midlands and have a good relationship with Aston Villa. Having been as high as the championship Walsall are a club who have yo-yo'd between League 1 and League 2 in the past decade but have consolidated their position by being in League 1 for the past six seasons.

The Stadium is called (The Banks Stadium/ Bescot Stadium) due to sponsoring rights and can hold a capacity of 10,989, however it averages only 4,500 typically.

Pre-season review, transfers, squad etc update to follow

PRE-SEASON REVIEW

I played five pre-season friendlies to get my team suited to my style of play. Looking at my team and the league in general, i have decided instead of trying to outscore my opponents, i instead must make my team hard to beat.

4-3-2-1 is the system i will play with a defensive midfielder away from home and a attacking midfielder at home. Cleansheets is a must, as i can't lose if i don't concede. Hopefully we then can score up the other end.

PRE-SEASON RESULTS
WALSALL 2-5 Derby County (Sawyers & Featherstone)

WALSALL 0-3 Aston Villa

Aldershot 2-1 WALSALL (Nimely)

Redditch 1-2 WALSALL (Butler & Baxendale)

Southport 0-3 WALSALL (Nimely x2 & o/g)

Mixed bag of results but the final two games i saw my tactic taking shape now let's see who i brought in....

TRANSFERS

DAMIAN MARTINEZ - Young goalkeeper from Arsenal, will be first choice keeper. On loan for the season.

ALEX NIMELY
- Young dynamic striker who hopefully can add a bit of speed in my attack. On loan from Manchester City for the season.

BERNARDO CORRADI
- Veteran Italian striker who used to play for Manchester City, good and experienced target man, who should do well at this level. 1 year contract on a free transfer.

PASCAL CHIMBONDA - Another experienced player, this time at right back. will add competition at right back and again a free transfer on a 1 year contract.

Next up the August results an review...

I didnt even know Chimbonda still played! How old is he? Nice to see randoms still playing found Jeremie Aliadiere the other day.

I didnt even know Chimbonda still played! How old is he? Nice to see randoms still playing found Jeremie Aliadiere the other day.

Jeremie Aliadiere.... Now that is a random!!!

Good start mate, i do like these lower league stories. Once i finished my Celtic one ill be doing my local club, Cambridge United. Good luck pal

ok for any followers i cannot acess the save due to our good old friend the crash dump so i will restart the story but with a different club, just to summarise had got to october and i was 7th, ffs.... new story will be up tonight