Memphis Depay seriously dropped potentially,any reason why.

kydavies

Reaction score
I bought Memphis Depay at the end of the first season with the potential all four half.Now he did have a serious injury and was pit for 6 months,and when he came back he was constantly moaning about over training even though I took him off extra training and was just on basic normally training.when I checked the end of season team review I noticed he star potential has drastically dropped to three star.is this because of the injury as after some serious injuries players are never the same.thanks.

Remember that star ratings are subjective. It could be that your squad ability increased and since he's rated in comparison, he's now seen as equal. Star ratings by your coaches are also based on form, so that could account for it too.

Right I see,Thanks for the reply mate.So is it better to just go with your instincts and search for attributes for certain positions rather than scouting a player out two or three times to see what his potential could be.

Right I see,Thanks for the reply mate.So is it better to just go with your instincts and search for attributes for certain positions rather than scouting a player out two or three times to see what his potential could be.

I use star ratings as a basic guide have a pool of players. Either 2.5 star or 3 star and better. From there it depends on attributes and if it's a young player - potential.

Naw, since the latest update, I've stopped bothering about star ratings. Almost everyone is shown as 2 stars for me. And it varies with relative squad potential and form. Instead, check stats and form through a long period, those seem to be better indicators.

I get what your saying sherkey couple of players who start off four to five starts then only a season in they drop to like three stars even though their stats are still unbelievable I think il take your advice and do that from now on.cheers all.