mentality of players secret to barca football

leedsfan

Reaction score
hey peoples. i downloaded a tactic based on barcelona and although it was O.K i wasnt fully pleased so i decided id keep the tactic but tinker around with it and after searching the internet for the barca style and the understanding of mentality on FM ive pretty much solved the tactic and my team are closing down as a team and playing fulid attacking football although the defensive side of the game may need a little tweaking, saying that i've not conceeded in a while (im a perfectionist if you cant tell lol). so back to player mentality. i found this site that was a massive help on this Football Manager? 2011 .It says the mentality of the player determins his position on the pitch, what passes he plays and how agressive the player will be.

MENTALITY

if a player in your team has been given an Attacking mentality the player will become mor e aggressive in his play and more forward thinking in his movement, play more direct balls to players up the pitch and if in the final third is more likely to take the shot on himself instead of passing to a open teamate. ( a more aggressive player will result in more forward passes).

an example of an attacking mentality would be Dani Alves for barcelona his aggressive play and constant forward thinking runs is a typical example of this and in my opinion a more important player for barca then pople think.

a normal mentality would be xavi i have fabregas playing his role in my arsenal team of which im replicating the barca tactic with, i have his mentality bar about 3 clicks above normal this ''normal'' mentality makes him a player who makes his own decision constantly looking for the ball and anticipating whether to make the killer ball or keep it simple, (his pass completion is always above 90).

the only player in my team who has the attack mentality is clichy (alves role) everyone else has normal even the defenders (phil jones, verane, silva - regan) this means that the players are constantly on the same wave length and playing a team game keeping the ball simple and always close to one-another, which creates the triangles for a option thats always open.

CREATIVE FREEDOM

this also depends on the mentality of the player ironically the more attacking the players mentality the less creative freedom he should have. WHY? well as the before mentioned the more attacking the mentality the more aggresive, direct and forward thinking the player, so giving him high creative freedom will more than likely be wasteful, trying long shots for silly angles and distances, trying forward balls which will possibly be a wasteful killer pass and more of the unexpected the player will be which would ruin the teamwork philosphy barca have. so the more normal the players mentality the more creative freedom he could or should have. I.E fabs for my arsenal team has a normal mentality and ive put his creative freedom about 4 clicks from max WHY? because this ensures he will not be wasteful only trying the killer pass if he is sure it will work if not he will pass the ball to a nearby teammate thus making the team dominate the ball.
if i was to put him to a defensive mentality this would ruin his game his passes would mostly be backwards and only try killer balls if he was 100% percent sure it was on. you may think this was fine but taking into account the way barca play always looking for a side or forward pass hardly going backwards unless they really have to, it would put more pressure on the defense and the opposition would find it easy to play against me.

so i hope this kinda helps you out, if you wanna input something or correct me on things go for it also id like to know how to post a tactic so you can give it a try and give me feedback on it. thanks much love. (H)

i really like this article because i always play with Arsenal and i like the Barca style of football.. can you post your tactics so i can see how you tweak every player.. although, i think my tactics is not far away.... :)

i really like this article because i always play with Arsenal and i like the Barca style of football.. can you post your tactics so i can see how you tweak every player.. although, i think my tactics is not far away.... :)

yeah I'll post screenies up of my tactics along with each players and some results. i would post the actual tactic but i dont know how so there will be a load of screenies coming up

This, is a great topic.

However, i'm with Ajax and 5 or 6 players (depends on the opposition) are on Attack Duty, which results in an almost flawless season.

I'll try this out for my next season tho, it looks quite interesting.

here's screenshots of my tactics along with player instructions results and pass completion for all my players, as you can see near all of them are near 90% completion being 86-90: fabregas is always above 90%. The original tactic was by LGFIRE. so feel free to try it out and give feedback. like i siad this tactic was origanlly by LGFIRE but i have done my own tweaks and its worked so far.

View attachment 165633View attachment 165632View attachment 165631View attachment 165630View attachment 165629View attachment 165628View attachment 165627View attachment 165626View attachment 165625View attachment 165624View attachment 165623View attachment 165622View attachment 165621View attachment 165620View attachment 165619View attachment 165618

pencil.png

Last edited:
This, is a great topic.

However, i'm with Ajax and 5 or 6 players (depends on the opposition) are on Attack Duty, which results in an almost flawless season.

I'll try this out for my next season tho, it looks quite interesting.

thanks man. yeah attack duty does not matter the mentality is the main thing i have wilshere playing as my advanced playmaker on attack duty and his mentality on normal as seen on the screenshots ive posted. and if you look at all my players ratings i dont think you'd find anybetter team ratings.

To upload your tactic hover over the 'tactic' heading at the top of the screen an click on 'upload a tactic' you shoulkd then be able to upload the file from there. i look forward to trying this tactic out (Y)

To upload your tactic hover over the 'tactic' heading at the top of the screen an click on 'upload a tactic' you shoulkd then be able to upload the file from there. i look forward to trying this tactic out (Y)

ive posted my tactic but it says in moderation que or sumink so i dnt know what that means.

ive posted my tactic but it says in moderation que or sumink so i dnt know what that means.

I think it takes a day or two to be uploaded but you could upload it using mediafire and post the link to the download in your OP but this is in the wrong section it needs to be moved to the tactics thread.

I think it takes a day or two to be uploaded but you could upload it using mediafire and post the link to the download in your OP but this is in the wrong section it needs to be moved to the tactics thread.

ok well it should be up today then as i posted it a copule of days ago.