Mentality, team shape and team instructions help!

kaigardiner

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First time posting here but I need your help. I've been playing Football Manager for the last three years with no problems but for some reason, I'm finding Football Manager 2017 difficult.

I normally rock with the same tactics every new FM with adjustments to suit the mechanics of the new games. This year it just feels different. I am struggling.

I need help in regards to mentality, team shape and team instructions, however, I don't want to change formation to the one I've been using for years.

Goalkeeper - D
Full Back - A (is this best?)
Central Defender - D
Central Defender - D
Full Back - A
Central Midfielder - D
Deep Lying Playmaker - S
Winger/Inside Forward - S
Advanced Playmaker - A
Inside Forward/Winger - S
Advanced Forward - A

I have always had good success on FM. In 2015 I took Birmingham City to Champions League winners in four years. In 2016 I had a 20 year career moving to different clubs, winning the league every season. My tactics would provide goals... and a lot of them with very strong defensive records. Possession was key as well. I just can't replicate that this year.

Help is needed.

What do you guys reckon? My main struggle seems to be instructions.

Cheers,

Kai

NOTE: I forgot to mention. I've always had a home and away tactic. Home would normally be control mentality with away being counter with fluid and structured team shape respectively.