Merchandise sales increase from player

pujka

Reaction score
Often when I sign a Japanese player I get a report that merchandising sales are expected to increase because of the signing. The player is not necessarily well known world wide so I am not talking about the expected increase in shirt sales if you sign Messi for example but instead the expected increase in sales due to the popularity of football in Japan.

I was wondering if there are any other nations from which signing a player of that nationality can see increased merchandising income from that country as I've only seen it with Japanese players before?

Do you have a Japanese feeder club?

You can get feeder clubs in countries like Japan that are used to increase merchandising revenue or something like that. So if you have one you get a massive revenue boost whenever you buy a player of the feeder clubs nationality.

I haven't tried with other nationalities because I always try to get Gamba Osaka as a feeder club and then buy Shinji Kagawa but I imagine it works the same.

Yes that may be the case then, I know for certain on at least 1 occasion I had a Japanese feeder, but also on at least 1 occasion I did not and just signed a Japanese international.

ya if you get a feeder club in USA, China or Japan and then bring in a player from that nation, you can sell a ton of shirts

Around 100 millions per season at high end. If your club has world-wide reputation, performing well and has feeder clubs in China, USA and Japan.