Merseyside Derby, who's worse?

• Thread starter Thread starter Stann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K

Stann

please stay StevieP! <3
Reaction score
Well Everton's next game is Liverpool at home and by far my most anticipated game of the football calendar. Thankfully Everton managed their first win of the season yesterday and went above Liverpool after a poor result at home to Blackpool as we all know. Now I know we have a couple of weeks until the derby but the dimensions and build up to this game is going to be so great this year that I thought the thread deserved an early headstart.

So most years the game will come down to that bit of extra class, in my lifetime dominated by Liverpool, however this derby I believe has a majorly different aspect to it. With both teams largely underperforming as of yet, the winner of this derby is surely going to be who wants it more, who wins the midfield battle, who puts away that one chance.

I am always confident going into the derby (misguided occasionally) but this year I think we have a genuinely good chance. My one worry however is that the occasion may work well for Liverpool who seem to have lacked that creative magic, guile and winning prowess so far this season, which could all go out the window against Everton, with the likes of Gerrard and Carragher becoming majorly boosted by the occasion.

My prediction for the game is that it will be open yet defensively dominated and a performance from the likes of Cahill, Pienaar, Gerrard, Torres will win the game. I am going for a 1-1 draw just because I think we are looking very shaky defensively this season (mainly down to Distin) yet Liverpool don't currently have the quality to put the sword to us.

Remember these are just my opinions and feel free to disagree.

this game could make or break our season...

I like how you've put who's 'worse' rather than 'better' in the title XD but I'll say, despite their problems, Liverpool are a better team, but hope Everton beat them whenever they play against them.

Change the thread title and make this a match thread.

Everton 1 - 0 Liverpool. Maybe 2 -1.

Change the thread title and make this a match thread.

Everton 1 - 0 Liverpool. Maybe 2 -1.
Maybe closer to the game, for now I'll leave it as it is :)

I agree with the make or break season comment. As a Liverpool fan i hope we win. But after the performance against Blackpool, i don't think we will. :/

As I've said even though it may have some relevance, form goes out the window in this game and more important things come into play.

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

If a mod sees appropriate to change the title to Everton v Liverpool... w.e closer to the time then please do.

Cant see a L'pool win, their attack is too poor, Everton for the win, they work hard as a team and have had some bad luck recently. Also, Moyes is -miles- ahead of Hodgson in managerial ability it seems.

This derby will put face-to-face two of the bottom teams. Disagreeing me, go and watch the table.
Anyway, I can see a draw 1-1, or Liverpool snaching a win.

At least Everton can hang their hat on a couple of decent performances- a superb fightback in extra time against man utd, a good win against birmingham and a couple of draws away against decent opposition. Not completely horrible form. Nothing really embarrassing. They still have pretty good morale imo from what I see on the pitch. Liverpool just look disinterested and disjointed. They've been embarrassed twice already and they just don't seem to care. Everton to scrape it 1-0 and Roy gets the boot

This derby will put face-to-face two of the bottom teams. Disagreeing me, go and watch the table.
Anyway, I can see a draw 1-1, or Liverpool snaching a win.
This is a terrible comment, bottom teams perhaps in the table(before September's barely even up) but on basis of skill and stature these are two of the top premiership teams. Have been for years before Tottenham even entered the frame.

im a liverpool fan and i honestly think everton will win!

But liverpool are always a better team than everton just cus were having a woeful start you cant deny we been the better team for a very very long time and still are

Don't think Everton will lose this one, 1-0 everton or 1-1draw

Back