Jakey2303

Reaction score
Defending set pieces is a joke. Players losing their man is kind of annoying but understandable cause I'm playing in a low league with bad defenders.

This however... is a joke.

View attachment 461502View attachment 461501

First screenshot, the wall is clearly messed up and not protecting anything. The player proceeded to drive the ball in low into that space between defence and keeper and I conceded.

Second screenshot, there is no wall. So once again, the ball was drilled in low and hard and was tapped in at the near post. This is also a common occurrence from corners, with there being no player there to stop that type of delivery going in.

It's very frustrating, and I wonder am I doing anything wrong or are these just bugs with the game?

How many players did you set to form a wall in the set piece instructions?

Three. I am seriously losing my **** with this game, every goal is a set piece.

Know how you feel mate! I got promoted with Bournemouth, and for the first 10-12 games in the prem I conceded at least 2 goals from comical set piece errors every game. I got so hacked off. I changed the individual player instructions to this, and it seemed to work...
LB - Mark far post
CB - Mark tall player
RB - Mark near post
DM (who's tall) - Mark tall player
CM - Man Mark
CM - Man Mark
LM - Mark short corner
RM - edge of six yard box
ST - stay forward.

It seemed to work as I stopped condeding heaps of goals from set pieces and actually started winning. I know you probably already are, but use Defend Set Pieces as your match prep for a whole aswell. Hope your luck changes!