marksandygill

Reaction score
July 2016, Liverpool announce the signing of the soon to be 29 year old Lionel Messi for a stupid price of £130 million, manager mark gill accused of being senile...

July 2017, Liverpool announce the signing of the 32 year old Cristiano Ronaldo for £75 million, fans wondering when the insanity will stop...

:) first time I've ever managed to get both, even if they are getting on a bit! Anyone else gotten them a lot younger? I've never tried as neither we're apparently interested!!

the fans are right, you are insane. whats the point of signing them when they are at the end of thier peak. just a waste of money.

the fans are right, you are insane. whats the point of signing them when they are at the end of thier peak. just a waste of money.

What else am I going to spend my fake money on?:) just wanted a team with the two of them in, Arjen robben on his way on a free too...

Update on my waste of money...

Messi: 18 games 26 goals and 4 assists (1st season for me 31 games 32 goals and 6 assists)
Ronaldo: 15 games 5 goals and 12 assists

Still not sure thats worth £205 million pounds...yet...:)

Update on my waste of money...

Messi: 18 games 26 goals and 4 assists (1st season for me 31 games 32 goals and 6 assists)
Ronaldo: 15 games 5 goals and 12 assists

Still not sure thats worth £205 million pounds...yet...:)

worth every penny ;)

i too have been curious to see how well they'd get along in the same team so i did a save with them edited into my arsenal team from the get-go and after 3 matches they were both each others favourite players. Also, not quite sure if its the ME issue, but Messi as my AMC (AP) just dribbled through entire teams before scoring and Ronaldo attempted some ludicrous shots from 40 odd yards out... most of them missed mind.

i too have been curious to see how well they'd get along in the same team so i did a save with them edited into my arsenal team from the get-go and after 3 matches they were both each others favourite players. Also, not quite sure if its the ME issue, but Messi as my AMC (AP) just dribbled through entire teams before scoring and Ronaldo attempted some ludicrous shots from 40 odd yards out... most of them missed mind.

I have messi up front as a trequestriata and ronaldo as inside forward left, and yeah I find the same, ronaldo will have huge numbers of shots with none on target, and messi is...well messi!:)

i really want to know if say man city could sign them sooner, they would have the money and I'm guessing a higher reputation than Liverpool, even though I'd won the league 4 times and the champions league twice when I signed messi and he still wasn't interested apparently!?

Messi yes that's actually not too bad a price for him even considering his age. You should be able to get 2 seasons out of him and then sell him on for 50mill+

But the Ronaldo is a bit crazy :p I think he's pretty underrated on the game anyway (10 composure??) especailly when compared to Messi..

Messi yes that's actually not too bad a price for him even considering his age. You should be able to get 2 seasons out of him and then sell him on for 50mill+

But the Ronaldo is a bit crazy :p I think he's pretty underrated on the game anyway (10 composure??) especailly when compared to Messi..

Yeah sterling and oxlade have been my inside forwards for 5 seasons and buying ronaldo has meant one is on the bench now! And I find that ronaldo has half as many runs as oxlade, which is weird as watching real he never stops running at people, maybe it's his low work rate?

grrrrr, lol.

End of the season update...a nice Sextuple (Community shield, Euro Super Cup, World Championship, League Cup, Premier League and Champions League:) )

Messi: 56 games, 65 goals and 18 assists
Ronaldo: 49 games, 23 goals and 29 assists (which makes him worse than Andy Carroll who's 11 goals cost £3.18 million each, Ronaldo's 23 cost me £3.26 million each...:)

Going to try for Gerd Mullers record as Messi has 32 goals so far this calender year...long shot though!