Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
(6)(6)(6)(6)(6) Just a Dream (6)(6)(6)(6)

I am playing Bayern Munchen and in 2015 I noticed that Messi didn't renew his contract with Barcelona. I made some praises on him and his interest in joining my team raised to "Very Interested". In February I tried to sign his as free transfer, but the salary was just too high for me. He asked about 800K/wk. I didn't gave up and keep praising him. In 30 June 2016 he was free of contract with Barcelona, so I "Approach to sign" him and surprise: he asked for 325K/wk. This is a nice story. I uploaded here some screenshots with Messi and the rest of my team.

Reaction score
******* ****, that thread title was an eye catcher.

Reaction score
I thought Messi really joined Bayern IRL!
But it was actually the work of the transfer bug.

Reaction score
Nice job there. But it seems his physical attributes already declined quite a lot compared to when he's 23-24. And i wouldn't set him as AML. He's much better as AMR or even as a ST

Reaction score
If you thought this was real life then you must be thick ;)

Reaction score
On AMR I play Alexis Sanchez .. If I play Messi there, what would I do with Sanchez ?

Reaction score
i got all hyped up and excited but no you just signed him on fm 2010 god **** it i thought it was IRL

Reaction score
Sanchez is **** at AML and world class at AMR so i can see your problem. Maybe swap Munian and Messi and set munian as an inside forward at AML and Messi as a trequartista at ST?

Or Munian as AML, Messi as AMR and Sanchez as ST. Sanchez is actually pretty good at ST. Had Him set as a lone ST in my barca save a couple of times because Villa, Lukaku and Bojan were injured. So I had Mata as AML, Messi as AMR and Sanchez as ST. Never scored more goals then with that set up lol (H)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got scared because i thought that happenned IRL.
Great signing.

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.