addug

Reaction score
Just a random one but has anyone ever seen Messi leave Barca in any save?

Obviously excluding if you sold him. Just tried to sign him (only out of interest) in 2017 on my main save as Liverpool, they didn't accept anything below the minimum release clause of £238 million. The contract negotiations were interesting... wanted £400k p/w, I could only offer £325k p/w, locked the wages and the offer back was a £20m loyalty bonus, and a £56m agents fee...

I have seen him leave on a free a few times when he's 31+ years old, apart from that I haven't seen it happen when he's younger.

On my madrid save on fm12 he was refusing to sign a new contract. I praised him for 6 months but couldn't get him to enter contract negotiations. I knew it was a very long shot but couldn't help dreaming of Ronaldo and Messi in the same team :)

In the end he did sign new deal with barca but worse contract than before and less than what I would have offered :(

I nearly signed him with Man City first season but his agent wanted too high agent fees and loyalty bonus. Far more than I could afford.

I nearly signed him with Man City first season but his agent wanted too high agent fees and loyalty bonus. Far more than I could afford.

If he was interested couldn't you have got the chairman to buy him for you?

Not seen enough on FM13 but on my Liverpool save in FM12 I managed to get Ronaldo for £30mil as he was having problems with their manager and signed Messi for free when he was 29 a season later. In all honesty though you don't need both of them

On my save he was put up for transfer but taken off again

I saw that to in my save at about 2015.....

I only noticed him at the end of the transfer window, so didn't make a bid, he wasn't on again after that either.

Usually comes up when you want to make a transfer bid for a good player you probably can't afford.

I think you can also ask in board requests. Or maybe add player to transfer target list then in staff responsibilities get chairmen to confirm transfers.

Not seen enough on FM13 but on my Liverpool save in FM12 I managed to get Ronaldo for £30mil as he was having problems with their manager and signed Messi for free when he was 29 a season later. In all honesty though you don't need both of them

In my save Messi was a bit younger when I was trying to sign him. They play best in different positions (Ronaldo as AML IF and Messi up front) so you do 'need' them both if you want great players all other the pitch :)

Maybe when you say "need" you show the different level of ambition and standards between Liverpool and Madrid currently ;)

Last edited:
On my Man Utd save I had a tycoon take over so i signed him for 179m he is on 425k a week and i paid over 25m in fees too, but when you get 500m+ a season and over 4m a week for wages it was easy to do so