npjones

Reaction score
I am managing ManUtd and 2 and a half seasons in. I have poured my time and devotion into this save and worked the transfer market masterfully (if I do say do myself) to accumulate the squad below. I have also swept away all before me using TFF Reaver V4 Tactic with the occasional tweak here and there. (Definitely worth a download if you're a powerhouse team.)

So I am in Jan and Ronaldo is available on a pre-contract. I desperately want him in my team and can bring him in now for 2.4m. Home-grown and a legend for me, having grown up watching him develop into a superstar at my boyhood club.

However...

A random scout on Messi (I always periodically do this throughout any big team save in case his manager sleeps with his wife or something and he gets inexplicably unhappy) and Messi is AVAILABLE! 37m. 31 years old.

Both players will come in on 300k p/w contracts with 50% yearly increases (note, I find this is the best way to get a superstar through the door, then offer him a slightly better contract ASAP with the 50% not included and they are always delighted to resign.)

Do I confirm both deals? I know Ronaldo will keep going forever and ever but Messi tends to fall to bits in his early 30's. I would probably end up moving on some of Martial, James, Hazard, Memphis to make room so could make back plenty of the money I fork out on these deals as I am already over-stocked on attackers.

Feels silly to buy two ageing superstars on big, wage-structure busting deals that I don't really need but the thought of watching Ronaldo cross for a Messi goal and vice versa gives me goosebumps.

TL;DR I can sign Ronaldo AND Messi in one window. Irresponsible or Irresistible?

Thanks for any feedback in advance!

View attachment 103642View attachment 103641View attachment 103640View attachment 103639

Last edited:
**** get both if you have the cash why not and messi is still winning world player at the age of 35 in my man u save

Any chance you could gimme a glimpse what Messi looks like on your save at 35? I can look after his fitness but I've heard his physicals pretty much fall to bits pretty rapidly. Ronaldo I'm not worried about as he's a machine.

Feel a little harsh on Pulisic, Odegaard, Gomes, Gribbin, Sousa, Janazaj and Lingard who will see massively reduced minutes now! Lol

Also, surprised and disappointed Messi is not natural at AMC and Cannot play AML or MR. Feel he's got more versatility than they give him credit for.

cheers dude. at the end of the day you can't really go wrong with messi. It's the first time I've ever signed Messi before! I've hit confirm on both. Ronaldo hat-trick in game one.

Ronaldo at 35 is still my goal scorer in LaLiga with Real Madrid. 3 games 8 goals so far.

I hate to say it but I had a save with Man United and your transfers are cheating. No way you get Hazard, Sanches, Neymar, James, Dybala, Donnarumma, Bonucci in 3 years of playing

Ronaldo at 35 is still my goal scorer in LaLiga with Real Madrid. 3 games 8 goals so far.

I hate to say it but I had a save with Man United and your transfers are cheating. No way you get Hazard, Sanches, Neymar, James, Dybala, Donnarumma, Bonucci in 3 years of playing

You don't hate to say it, you love to say it ;)

If you had a save with united and won the league and your fair share of cups (which you should do) and sold your poorer players for a fortune after some half decent performances and scouted and unsettled those you wanted constantly you would have no problems making up a squad like that on this years game.

Will attach transfer history for your reference. Weirdly only player I couldn't get was Bellerin. Tried all the same tactics but I think Wenger hated me so much for upsetting him he wouldn't sell me a virus. He transfer listed him for 33m and then demanded 85+ from me!

Sale of Bazoar for 80m to Madrid is missing off that. Also, it's 2 and a half years! :p

Have not tried Ronaldo but Messi is worth every penny.
I tried to sign him many times to no success so I managed Barcelona.

Going to have to agree with you here, weirdly most of his big sales are perfect round numbers and not in instalments, any time I play and get offered a big sale it's done with a number of instalments.

I'm managing Milan and can only get Ronaldo in 2023....as U18 Assistant Coach.