Messi's "Salary" a bit.... insane?

ViolentLogic

Reaction score
I know he's getting paid a **** ton of money but $475,000/month (in dollars) seems kind of stretching it to me.

Isn't around $300,000/month more accurate?

I know he rakes in massive cash but a lot of that is not pure wages (well could be bonuses and stuff but not his "normal wage) + sponsorships + other stuff.

Pretty sure nobody knows his actual wage, but it will be very high.

To be honest I've never actually felt Barcelona pays Messi HUGE chunks of salary. I've heard that it's lower than CR7's (the wages, not actual income).

Another thing is Messi is 200% loyal to Barcelona and I'm sure will still play for me for $200,000/week even if say, Manchester City decides to offer some stupid deal.

WHAT DO YOU BUY WITH THAT MUCH MONEY ANYWAY?

I guess I would just invest and keep investing and then burn it all one day, LOL.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

I did some research and concluded that *most sources* claim Messi earns around €265,000/week (Euros), which sounds a bit less insane.

I think I'll edit the wages to save myself some money, it actually makes quite a difference. :D

No need to edit the wages, He's saying it s $475,000 a month, If your saying its 265,000 euros a week i think his wages are to low??

I wonder what kind of car messi drives.

Betcha it's a chevy 3500 <)

I wonder what kind of car messi drives.

Betcha it's a chevy 3500 <)

Apparently he only has five. :S

Dodge Charger SRT8 - Orange.
Maserati 2009 Model - Black
Lexus 4x4 Newest model - Dark Blue
Audi Q7 - White
Ferrari Spider - Silver

Apparently he only has five. :S

Dodge Charger SRT8 - Orange.
Maserati 2009 Model - Black
Lexus 4x4 Newest model - Dark Blue
Audi Q7 - White
Ferrari Spider - Silver

I personally like the dodge challenger more than charger. I'm kind of surprised he has a dodge :p.

I'd have to swap the Audi q7 for a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, they are incredible.

Messi has a growth difficiency I think, which means his salary will be more than is publicised anyway. This is part of the reason why he can't leave Barcelona because he has been working with the Physios and doctors of the club and country for so long. I reckon in pounds he probably gets around £200,000 at the basic level. Then gets an extra 50,000 for medical blah blah... and an extra £1,000,000 per game bonuses because of his stupidly good performances