Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Fanboy alert! Joking aside, MGS are always good games but I wasn't too keen on Snake Eater. I'll be buying a PS3 so I can play this but not untill the price drops which it should by the time of release, £400 is just not worth it for the games available. When it drops to £300 and has more content, I'm in.

Untill then I'll enjoy the 360's exclusives like Halo 3, Bioshock, Alan Wake and Mass Effect, also other cross platform games like Assasins Creed, Stranglehold and GTA4.

Fanboy alert! Joking aside, MGS are always good games but I wasn't too keen on Snake Eater. I'll be buying a PS3 so I can play this but not untill the price drops which it should by the time of release, £400 is just not worth it for the games available. When it drops to £300 and has more content, I'm in.

Untill then I'll enjoy the 360's exclusives like Halo 3, Bioshock, Alan Wake and Mass Effect, also other cross platform games like Assasins Creed, Stranglehold and GTA4.

Sony have announced they are droping the price by $100 (which is £50) Here is the link to the article

http://news.spong.com/article/13103?cb=166

Nah I can admit the flaws in MGS so that doesn't make me a fanboy. :D Snake Eater was good apart from the camera angle but once Subsistence was released with the new camera it was nice.

I'll be getting my £1000 Uni grant in January/February time hopefully so I'll be splashing out on a PS3 if I can afford too. Hopefully they'll have the new controllers out by then too with the new vibration technology.

Woo Metal Gear! I honestly can't wait. Lee I may have to borrow your PS3 (if you get one) to play this game hehe :D

Very, very impressive. It appears you can move the camera yourself, no longer being limited to a fixed view. The statue part was good at the beginning, even though he looked as if he was holding the other statues *****.

I like the search feature when you are holding up a guard with the pistol, whether they had that in Snake eater I'm not sure, I didn't play it that much to notice.

So many cool features and I look forward to this game, I'll buy the PS3 when this is released but no sooner.

That camera was added on MGS3: Subsistence.

I'm not sure if you could search the guard in Snake Eater, but I know you could hold them up (in MGS2 as well).

That camera was added on MGS3: Subsistence.

If I'd of known that I'd of gave it another try, I don't have a PS2 anymore otherwise I'd buy it tomorrow.

I'm not sure if you could search the guard in Snake Eater, but I know you could hold them up (in MGS2 as well).

Yeah I was just refering to searching them, I knew about hold ups in MGS2/3.

I forgot to mention about the camouflage too, I like how you can blend into any terrain, very nice touch. :thup:

even though he looked as if he was holding the other statues *****.

That was a joke, didn't you hear the guy say something like "now snake's not the only thing hidden".

Was also nice to see the game has kept Kojima's quirky sense of humour aswell with the magazines, barrel rolling, being sick, etc...

Shame MGS doesn't really sell many copies otherwise the PS3 would win the 'war' with this game.

That was a joke, didn't you hear the guy say something like "now snake's not the only thing hidden".

Was also nice to see the game has kept Kojima's quirky sense of humour aswell with the magazines, barrel rolling, being sick, etc...

Shame MGS doesn't really sell many copies otherwise the PS3 would win the 'war' with this game.

Nah I missed the subtitles at that part, I was too busy thinking to myself "Is Snake holding that statues *****?"

Unfortunately for the PS3 it is already so far behind it will be difficult to win a battle nevermind a 'war'. The lack of good titles and a hefty price tag aren't doing it any favours(even with the price cut).

In June Xbox 360 sales were at 198,000, PS3 sold 98,000 and the Wii dominated all by selling 381,000 units. I don't know how many consoles have been sold to date but I'm guessing the Wii is winning the 'war'.

Yeh Nintendo are winning at the moment, expect to see sales in the DS go up aswell with the release of the new pokemon games (finally). Sony will win eventually though it's just a matter of time.

So yeah I got this game and it's ******* AWESOME!! (If you like MGS games). It's basicly a conclusion to all the previous games from the last 20 years, only downside to the game really is some of the lengthy cutscenes but I never skipped any and never lost interest in them because they were all done really well. The last cut scene went on for over 50 minutes but it was awesome.

The bosses were all really cool with a really funny appearance from Psycho Mantis and an epic end encounter. The Octo-Camo is cool with the way it matches what surface you lay against, still doesn't stop the enemies spotting me on extreme when my camo rating is 99% though. :(

It's a shame the series has ended but it's the perfect way to end really.

will they make more you think? well a new series i mean

I'd love to get a PS3 and play this but I can't afford one on an apprentice paycheck, it's still stupidly priced. :(

will they make more you think? well a new series i mean

They'll probably make more spin off style games like the ones they did for the PSP. If they do make any more of the bigger ones they won't be about Snake, I'm guessing it will all be about Big Boss instead.

I'd love to get a PS3 and play this but I can't afford one on an apprentice paycheck, it's still stupidly priced. :(

Yup the price sucks. :( Doesn't look like there's a price drop anytime soon either.