Bodell

Reaction score
Another player that cracks over expectation & money?

Now, i'm not too sure if somebody else has already made a thread about this, but I stumbled across Michael Johnson on FM, and it made me think where has he been?

I remember a few times in the 07-08 season he was tipped to be the next big thing, and seems to have vanished, I know he did have a injury at one point, but is there any City fans here who would like to clarify it? Does he not feature in Mancini's plans, or maybe he's still injured.

There are a few sites that state that state, he suffered from a major injury, which led to a long spell on the sidelines, and also changed his attitude towards football.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...footballer-cracks-under-expectation-and-money

homekit_JOHNSON.ashx

Isn't he still injured?

His career has gone so far downhill, he'd be lucky to get into Blackpool.

He was never supposed to be the best, but it's a shame that injuries have hindered his progress.

Yeah, I've always wondered what happened to him, looks to have put a bit of weight on aswell.

He suffered a serious abdominal injury and then suffered a very bad knee injury.

Isn't he still injured?

His career has gone so far downhill, he'd be lucky to get into Blackpool.

Yeah, I think he might of started running again recently.

Players can't just loose talent, but he looks like he needs a good turning around, also seems like he has got shorter and fatter? <)

he used to be my faviroute city player. he had 2 bad injuries back-to-back, but he was named in the 25 man squad for city this season, i thinkoO)

this is precisely the reason that i didn't sign him in the January of my Blues season because i can't remember much of him anymore...

i really rated him, i found him similar ilk to Sean Davis who i also always liked, he seems to have gone onto the scrap heap...

Yeah, I think he might of started running again recently.

Players can't just loose talent, but he looks like he needs a good turning around, also seems like he has got shorter and fatter? <)

Maybe he was sat on by Maradona.

Shame to see talent go to waste, he looked like a decent prospect as well. Still, even when fit he's never going to get into City's team of superstars.

If he can get back to good fitness and to some decent form, I think he would be a great player for a team like Villa, Everton or even Liverpool.
I always brought him on Pro Evo, :D

My City-supporting mate said Johnson had a problem with drugs or gambling, I don't remember which. He might've been blagging, although the only reason he mentioned it is because we saw Johnson (with his bang tidy girlfriend) in Manchester and I asked him what happened after all the initial promise.

I'd be happy enough if Villa swept him up for a smallish fee. Feeding off scraps from the bigger clubs may not be dignified, but it's extremely good financial sense.

Used to like him but aint heard about him for ages.

On another note he has his fave chinese meal on his arm as a reminder, looks like hes had a few of them :(

"I'd be happy enough if Villa swept him up for a smallish fee. Feeding off scraps from the bigger clubs may not be dignified, but it's extremely good financial sense."

Haha, literally what im doing with Villa on FM at the mo! Zhirkov soon hopefully :)