Michael Ryan Hoyos - Estudiantes - American Wonderkid

• Thread starter Sam
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 4K
This kid is very promising (I've seen him play a couple of times and he was good and he plays sometimes for Argentina's best team) but because US soccer is run by a BUNCH OF ******* AMATEURS the Argentine national team got him before we did. This kid was in our U-20 set-up and was starting games for Estudiantes (Argentina's best team). We have no skilled players so this kid would have been great. He got called up to the senior national team...of Argentina. We didn't even call up a kid that Argentina's national team wanted. And you know what the US U-20 coach said? Something along the lines of "Messi vs. the US U-20s, it's an easy decision to make." Not "you won't be a star on the Argentine team" or "you might not even ever play for them but you could be a regular for us" or "you'll never be remembered by Argentines, but you could make US history." He tells this kid he'd be better off going to Argentina.

Our whole set-up is absolutely terrible at spotting talent. We missed Rossi and let him go to the Italians, and the same US u-20 coach aliented Neven Subotic so we lost him. US soccer is a complete disgrace.

This kid is very promising (I've seen him play a couple of times and he was good and he plays sometimes for Argentina's best team) but because US soccer is run by a BUNCH OF ******* AMATEURS the Argentine national team got him before we did. This kid was in our U-20 set-up and was starting games for Estudiantes (Argentina's best team). We have no skilled players so this kid would have been great. He got called up to the senior national team...of Argentina. We didn't even call up a kid that Argentina's national team wanted. And you know what the US U-20 coach said? Something along the lines of "Messi vs. the US U-20s, it's an easy decision to make." Not "you won't be a star on the Argentine team" or "you might not even ever play for them but you could be a regular for us" or "you'll never be remembered by Argentines, but you could make US history." He tells this kid he'd be better off going to Argentina.

Our whole set-up is absolutely terrible at spotting talent. We missed Rossi and let him go to the Italians, and the same US u-20 coach aliented Neven Subotic so we lost him. US soccer is a complete disgrace.

He is obviously talented then ;)

I was going to, but they want 3 million which I cant afford :(

Don't get your hopes up yankees, he'll be an argie come next patch :p Both his parents are argies from Don Torcuato, he was born in California but moved down here when he was 15. Seems like a decent prospect IRL, he's doing good for our U-20s in the south american championship. Never tried him in game but may give it a shot.

Oh and btw...

Last edited:
i agree with oneunited
he seems ok
my scouts don't think he will improve much

He hasnt played a game in 2 years on my save :eek: