• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 953
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Following Sheffield United's relegation from the Championship, Micky Adams has left Brammal Lane. He was manager for only 6 months, and leaves with his assistant Alan Cork.

Adams cut by Blades | Football News | Sky Sports

Micky Adams had made it clear to the board that he wished to remain at the club. Will be interested to hear opinions on this, as 6 months seems a very short space of time for me. Adams in my opinion may be should have been given a shot at getting the Blades back to the Championship, as he came into the club in very difficult circumstances.

Didn't Sheffield United have 3 managers this season? Discounting the caretaker John Carver.
It is clear that the expectations of the chairman are far too high and he should make sure he picks a manager, gives him time so that he can assure and maintain the long term management of the club.

Didn't Sheffield United have 3 managers this season? Discounting the caretaker John Carver.
It is clear that the expectations of the chairman are far too high and he should make sure he picks a manager, gives him time so that he can assure and maintain the long term management of the club.

I agree. Should've given him at least another half season to see what he could do. But looks like poor signings, and poor performances by the players cost him his job. I don't think he's a bad manager-case of bad signings. And we know what happens to managers when that happens, now matter how short a time they've been at a club

SUFC board are clueless imo give him time to build a squad also he is a local SUFC fan who loves his club and is a pretty good League 1 manager i think

SUFC board are clueless imo give him time to build a squad also he is a local SUFC fan who loves his club and is a pretty good League 1 manager i think

Once again the old subject of manager stability springs to mind again.

No real surprise really following relegation but the board should have kept Micky Adams who knows the club and could have built the side for a return to the Championship next season.

It's a real shame......Just another case of managers having a short time to make an impact......

McCabe is an utter c**t. The board should have gone not the manager who to be fair would have turned it around next season.

He would have been able to get his own players in as well as giving the younger players a good run in the first team after just settling in towards the end of the season.

Instead we will end up with a different manager with different ideas and and different tactics. If any of the youngsters are sold eg. Lowton, Maguire and Slew Sheffield United football club can expect my season ticket being sent back

RANT OVER!!!!

McCabe is an utter c**t. The board should have gone not the manager who to be fair would have turned it around next season.

He would have been able to get his own players in as well as giving the younger players a good run in the first team after just settling in towards the end of the season.

Instead we will end up with a different manager with different ideas and and different tactics. If any of the youngsters are sold eg. Lowton, Maguire and Slew Sheffield United football club can expect my season ticket being sent back

RANT OVER!!!!

And the fact the club used over 70 players in over 2 years loan wise is absolutely scandolous aswell. That's just incredible.

not really fair for him to go after being there for so little time. He's a proven manager and was willing to there in massively difficult times. Should have been rewarded with that loyalty with a chance to get them back up. They need stability. Even Ken Bates didn't sack Wise when we came down and we were tearing up league 1!

WOW........Just wow......

Yeah I know. Couldn't believe it when I heard. Apparently McCabe is blaming that as the main factor for the clubs main demise, along with injuries to key players.

And the fact the club used over 70 players in over 2 years loan wise is absolutely scandolous aswell. That's just incredible.

Last season 09/10 under Kevin Blackwell we gave something stupid like 22 debut's and finished 8th in the league. That to me seems pretty impressive but then two games into this campaign we sack him which is the height of stupidity. Why not get rid in the summer another ridiculous decision.

The man is utterly clueless.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Shows the pessimism of Blades fans. Discussing who we don't want rather than who we do.

Managers we dont want! - Sheffield United FC forum from footymad.net

Looks like we will be manager less for some time. haha

Last season 09/10 under Kevin Blackwell we gave something stupid like 22 debut's and finished 8th in the league. That to me seems pretty impressive but then two games into this campaign we sack him which is the height of stupidity. Why not get rid in the summer another ridiculous decision.

The man is utterly clueless.

You think the fans will demand some sort of board change or something? And maybe they've already lined up the next manager for next campaign

I thought we were bad (Newcastle), but that takes the michael owen...........but like us, a season in a lower division might do you the world of good....and I'm sure you will be back in the championship in no time.

I thought we were bad (Newcastle), but that takes the michael owen...........but like us, a season in a lower division might do you the world of good....and I'm sure you will be back in the championship in no time.

Hopefully they'll be back up asap. Because financially this could be very bad for the club-though I don't know about the financial state admittedly.

You think the fans will demand some sort of board change or something? And maybe they've already lined up the next manager for next campaign

I'm not sure but there were some sack the board chants a few weeks ago.

But then again there are some fans who are glad to see the back of Adams.

But in McCabe's defence the ground was an absolute shithole before he took over but I think he tried to do too much by buying Chengdu Blades and other teams

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Hopefully they'll be back up asap. Because financially this could be very bad for the club-though I don't know about the financial state admittedly.

Financial State = Quite a big debt

Sigh, I just wished some stupid clubs wouldn't got through managers so quickly, its ridiculous...

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back