ShaGunner

Reaction score
Anyone know how/why they pop up in game? It's been like this for a few FM games.

Basically, a mid 20s (or in some cases early 30s) Brazilian regen will pop up in a non-league and have abnormally low player value (under a mill) but have really good stats. Most fail to get work permits but I'm working on a feeder club so I can net them all for Everton.

Anyone have any experiences dealing with these type of players?

Here's mine that I overpaid (5m pounds, as opposed to like 2-3 mil asking price).

Pele, 25 year old central midfielder.

He came about in 2014 from the Brazil club PSTC, and moved to Atletico Mineiro on a free the same year, then I purchased him from there in 2014-2015 season for 5.5m. He couldn't play for half a season due to him having played for 2 clubs already.

I am converting him to a STRIKER, purely because I think he will be one of the best deep-lying forwards around.

View attachment 454470

and here is another player that arrived the same time as Pele, but I couldn't get a work permit.

View attachment 454469View attachment 454468

Also note I'm still in only February 2015, so these aren't the usual youngster Brazilian regens!

EDIT:

As soon as I left this thread I went out looking for more.. and check out this guy

View attachment 454467

He is on 2.1k per week wage and 57k player value...

Last edited:
I once signed an irish Regen for one of my non league saves in FM12 and he was an absolute beast. A similar thing to you. It was first season from an inactive league and he was 19. Signed him for free and out him straight into the side and he single handedly took me to the playoffs. As soon as he signed he was worth 500k and by end of first season he was worth 2.5mill.

From Ireland? That's awesome, I'm going to be looking at other nations too then.

My Everton team however... are turning into the Shakhtar Donetsk of England.

50% Brazilians / 50% Domestic players, haha.

Ireland get some really great regens popping up at 19/20, perfect for leagues 1 and some of the richer league 2 teams as they're fairly cheap.