Middlesborough-Scottish Contingent

Clark_Messi

"Football is everything"
Reaction score
So Gordon Strachan has bought half the old firm's players and basically changed Middlesborough to Scotland.
So do you think this will work. Are his Scottish contingent good enough to gain promotion.
Just wondering what you guys think of his gamble?

Well, NO based on the first game. But then this squad needs some time to gel. The quality is there, the key element will be how long it takes for the team to start playing as a unit.

I hope they do well but somehow I dont think they will.

IMO Ipswich got the massive advantage of having potentially one of the hardest games of the season at the start. Boro definately have the quality there, but of course do need to gel and I reckon will be leading the league after a little while.

Nah, be lucky to get into the play-offs I reckon.

People are saying, that just one game into the season there squad wont bond etc. They have the best team in the Championship no doubt. Once they gel together a few games into the season, we can all make a judgement on them then. IMO they will get promoted, maybe even win the leauge, there is still 45 games left.

People are saying, that just one game into the season there squad wont bond etc. They have the best team in the Championship no doubt. Once they gel together a few games into the season, we can all make a judgement on them then. IMO they will get promoted, maybe even win the leauge, there is still 45 games left.

Totally agree - one game does not make a team, in Kris Boyd they have at least 25 goals this season and with Robson and McManus a solid spine, playoffs at very minimum.