Middlesbrough 0-1 Bolton

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Gavin McCann's close range effort secures a vital three points for Bolton in the battle to beat the drop.

More...

haha, don't think there has ever been a team as inconsistent as Boro ever.

Wp to Bolton even tho i want them down, Brum and Reading are rite in it now

Couldn't hit the net when we were on top - story of our season.

thats because Southgate is useless

To be fair, he's not. How many boro games have you watched for 90mins? - if you had watched as many as other boro fans you would know that Southgate is starting to become a really good manager and it's not his fault our strikers can't kick the ball into the back of the net.

P.s. Hearts fan's shouldn't be allowed to criticise other clubs.

Not really, our plays are capable of scoring just didn't yesterday. Alves an Tuncay still settling. Aliadiere never scores, hence why he was on RW for his pace yesterday. And there keeper must have been on drugs or something.

P.s. Hearts fan's shouldn't be allowed to criticise other clubs.

to be fair being a hearts fan is slagging enough at the minute so i can take it out on other teams.

I have not seen boro every week James but when i have seen them they have been boring to watch and Southgate is poor. Never seems to know when to change things and he is boring as **** i cannot see him inspiring anyone.

I have not seen boro every week James but when i have seen them they have been boring to watch and Southgate is poor. Never seems to know when to change things and he is boring as **** i cannot see him inspiring anyone.

Sack my reply, first line says it all. :)

Last edited:
i have seen enough over the last two years during live games and highlights.

Southgate is getting there. Defensively they are quite good. Remember they loss Yakubu and Viduka last season, everyone who plays upfront for them is basically settling into their roles. In midfield all their creativity comes from Downing..Arca is a decent player but if Downing has an off day their strikers end up running on bits and pieces. Tuncay and Alves isn't a bad combination as long as they get service.