Middlesbrough FC - quest for greatness

joshb

Reaction score
After a recent outburst from former middlesbrough manager Gordon strachan, steve gibson held a brief meeting with the scotsman and his coaching staff which resulted in the sacking of gordon strachan.

With alan pardew, nigel worthington, phil brown, sam allardyce and many more managers been linked with the vacant boro job, chairman steve gibson held a emergency press conference to unveil the new manager.

"Good afternoon and welcome to rockliffe park training ground im here to unveil the new manager who i belive can take this club forward and achiee great success without any further waiting please welcome to the hotseat MR josh blades."

here is what Mr blades had to saay upon his appointment.

" Managing Middlesbrough is a dream come true for me no matter what mess the club has been left in, i dont want to be in this interview for to long as i have a lot of buisness to attend to, i will not tolerate any player or member of staff to give me 110% on and off the pitch this is a professional club with passionate fans the facilities here are premiership class and i dont see why i cant take us back first time of asking. That is all i will say as i would like to get to meet the players and get into the business to transofrm this club, thankyou goodnight much love :p "

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

adter scouring the world for new talent to take Middlesbrough back to the top flight middlesbrough finally made thier first signing of the season.

uusiborologo_350_300.jpg

Christian Vieri

the expericenced striker who was released by atalanta having only made 9 apperances for the italian side. the 36 year old striker will join the boro on a 1 year deal. Manager Josh Blades had this to say on this deal

"signing a player like chrisitan is great for this club although he wont have much in the engine i will be looking to him to add strength, maturity,and passion to this club along with been able to tutor and show the ropes to many of the young forwards at this club"
attachment.php

Momets after signing the eteran striker middlesbrough announced they had made 2 further signings.

Jan gunnar solli

The 28 year old right winger will be immediatley flung into the starting 11 with his blistering pace and great right foot the 28 year old norweigen will be loked to pick out the strikers and and take this club to the premiership.
Jan_Gunnar_Solli_Nadderud.jpg

Nacer Barazite

They young dutch midfielder wont be a key player in this middlesbrough squad but will be looked to add a lot of options off the bench, the loan signing from arsenal will be looked to be made permanent after having a succesful pre season with the north eastern club.
Nacer-Barazite-Arsenal-2008-Pre-Season_1242245.jpg

Good luck lad! Love the Vieri signing and played as a poacher can have two good years left in him!

Good luck lad! Love the Vieri signing and played as a poacher can have two good years left in him!

Wished I'd knew that at Blackpool I played him as a defensive forward haha! anyway, good luck with this mate :)

Love it mate, I just joined this forum but I found found Aleksander Lukovich, Javier Portillo and Javier Chevanton to be some great signings for Boro, currently 1st in the championship with 10 games to go.

i will probs have a update tonight lads the misses is demanding for me to go out tonight with her and her parents haha :| ooh god :( well i will look forward to the update i wont post pre season friendlies but you will see every result i have and any big news thanks for the support :)

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

ERMM guys were having a bit of a problem here ... my game wont load upit says cannot load game invalid tokens

ive just gotmy laptop back and my football manager has been wiped so ive installed it and ive got no previous saves :(

Sounded like you were doing really well :). Unlucky about losing your data wasnt your fault :(.