Middlesbrough - from the 2006 UEFA Cup Final to Championship mid-table.

NiceToMichu

Reaction score
BREAKING!
Spanish coach Aitor Karanka has resigned from his post as Middlesbrough FC manager.

The former Real Madrid assistant announced his resignation during a press conference announced by Middlesbrough owner Steve Gibson yesterday on the club website.

Aitor Karanka described his short time in England as "traumatic" because he missed some "serious family issues back in Spain". The news met a mixed reception from Boro fans.
Many of them wondering how much the pay off was? & the other portion of fans saying they were "very excited to see what he could of brought to the club."

View attachment 419242
Aitor Karanka (middle) had a short run as Boro boss. Announcing his resignation today.

So the question in mind now is, who's next to take over this glorious club that are going to battling for promotion this season?
Names like Roberto Di Matteo, Steve Clarke, Boudewijn Zenden & Sven-Goran Eriksson have been mentioned by the bookies today.

View attachment 419239View attachment 419238View attachment 419237
(left to right) Sven-Goran Eriksson, Steve Clarke & fans favorite Boudewijn Zenden are the front-runners for the vacant Boro job.

We have just received word that Middlesbrough Football Club have appointed English former Burkina Faso manager, Sam Wilson as the new man in charge of the club.

This news has been met with shock around the club by the fans & even some of the players have been rumored to be confused with this appointment.
One fan stating "It is a complete joke of an appointment, Sam Wilson has experience of managing Burkina Faso, that's it. Now he's in charge of a big club like Middlesbrough. It's a joke!"
Another fan added, "I want to know what the boardroom was thinking when they appointed this man. It's hard to believe. But, we're a football club! We'll support him & the team. No matter what, we'll support the team."

View attachment 419233
Sam Wilson (middle) coaching the Burkina Faso national team in an open training day in 2012.

We managed to grab a quick word with the new man in charge & here's what he had to say;
"Look, I just want to start off by thanking the owner, mr Gibson. For this great opportunity. I know I'm not a fan favorite like Bolo. Or a personal choice like Steve Clarke. My experience is in the top level like this is non-existent. I know that. What I & the players do not need is negativity around the stadium, around the club. We want & need the support of the fans. I know what I'm doing & I can assure you, this club is going up! Thank you."

Transfer news!
The club can confirm that the loan of Brazilian midfielder Marcos Rhoden has been terminated & he will return Ituano FC immediately.

Squad Report!

Goalkeepers -

Shay Given - An amazing goalkeeper. In my opinion, very underrated. Will have stiff competition with our other goalkeeper, but, should remain first choice throughout his loan spell.

Jason Steele - At the age of 22, this man has the potential to be our keeper for years & years to come. Very talented & has a great opportunity to learn from the experienced Shay Given.

View attachment 419216View attachment 419214

Defenders -

Rhys Williams - This man is by far our strongest center back. Luckily for us, he's at a good age, 25. & can play in center defense, center defensive midfield & center midfield. Even Right midfield & right back at a push. Very key player for us.
Ben Gibson - Young talented center defender who can fill in at left back if needed. Won't be a first team starter to begin with, but with good attribute & a good age going for him, he certainly has the ability to fill in there or make the spot his own.
Stuart Parnaby - A very experienced right back. The age of 30, Parnaby is a fan favorite here at Boro. Certainly has the ability to do the job this season and maybe more after that. Experience is key.
George Friend - Friend is a 25 year old attacking left back. Has a good amount of experience for this level & still has room to develop. He's a leader among the players, which will be very beneficial for us this season. Certainly will be out starting left back this season.

Jozsef Varga - A physical, determined, defensive minded player. Can fill in a center back or right back. But his natural position is defensive midfielder. A talented player on loan from Debrecen. Could be key infront of the back four this season.

Seb Hines - Another 25 year old defender. Hines can play anywhere along the back four, potentially filling at sweeper. He started his career at Middlesbrough & is another fan favorite. My not be starter, but certainly a capable player to fill in.

Jonathan Woodgate - What needs to be said about this man? Vast amount of experience having played at Newcastle, Leeds, Stoke, Tottenham & Real Madrid. Will be a key figure for the starting XI aswell as for the young players. At the age of 33 however, won't have too long left to be a starter.

Daniel Ayala - A very physical center half, has played at Norwich, Hull, Derby, Forest & Liverpool. So an experienced defender that could prove to be key this season.

Kenneth Omeruo - The young lad on loan from Chelsea has bags of potential! But luckily for us, has the ability to do the job this season. Not as a starting player, but as a versatile back up.

Justin Hoyte - The former Arsenal man use to be considered as a potential center back for the Gunners. So now to have the 28 year old defender here, is very beneficial for our young defenders. Certainly some solid competition for Stuart Parnaby at the right back spot.
View attachment 419210View attachment 419209View attachment 419208View attachment 419206View attachment 419205View attachment 419204View attachment 419202View attachment 419201View attachment 419200View attachment 419199

Midfielders -

Mustapha Carayol - The 24 year old wide man, despite not being experienced at a high level, he certainly has the ability to cause the full backs havoc in the division.
Nathaniel Chalobah - This young English midfielder has the potential to have the world at his feet! At the age of 18, to be able to play in center back, center defensive midfield & center midfield without a problem. Just shows how important this lad will be. Hopefully someone we can sign permanently, but Chelsea would be fools to let him go.
Emmanuel Ledesma - Great on the ball, good set piece delivery & very good freekick taker. Composed, clever, versatile player. Can play anywhere in the midfield. Unfortunately, not the quickest. But he definitely has the technical ability to make up for that.
Dean Whitehead - Again, another physical, experienced player. Defensively & offensively, very capable of doing a good job in our midfield.
Kei Kamara - Quick, talented wide man. Good on & off the ball. Was a favorite for the Norwich fans during his short spell there. Has the ability to be pain in the backside for the defenders. Wide men appear to be a popular position at this club.
Albert Adomah - Another quick, skillful wide man. Pacey & powerful but can also finish the chances should they come his way. Lots of competition for the wide spot this season.
Jacob Butterfield - Good on the ball, good passer & tackler. These kind of midfielders in this division are very hard to find. Will be key in the center of midfield this season. One to watch.
Lee Tomlin - A talented playmaker that would play just off the forward or forwards. Has the ability to unlock the defense at any moment. Unfortunately only on loan from Peterborough. Would definitely be worth picking up.
Grant Leadbitter - A workhorse in the midfield. A balanced player but more on the defensive side which is something we need for the upcoming season.

View attachment 419194View attachment 419193View attachment 419192View attachment 419191View attachment 419189View attachment 419186View attachment 419184View attachment 419183View attachment 419182

Strikers -

Curtis Main -Our backup striker this season as this is the position we are weakest at. Curtis is a determined, fast & strong striker. Lacks the abilities that the more experienced strikers possess. But could certainly do the job if needed.

Danny Graham - Didn't have the best of times at Sunderland. But I'm sure being back in the Championship, given the right service, he can net a solid amount of goals this season. Should have a good year this season. Only on loan from Sunderland. But not needed at The Stadium Of Light.
View attachment 419177View attachment 419176