abc07

Reaction score
I need some advice to find a formation that suits Middlesbrough.

- DELETED BY USER, AS IT WAS WRITTEN IN A BIG FRUSTRATION, SORRY IF ANYONE WAS OFFENDED BY THE RATHER HARSH LANGUAGE -

Yeye, you don't know which players I have in my squad. So what? Can you gimme a hand anyways?

MAKE SURE TO READ MY EXPERIENCES WITH M'BORO 2 POSTS FURTHER DOWN

Thanks.

Last edited:
Good luck getting answers with a post like that mate, you don't sell yourself too well. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a few pointers, assuming your team hasn't changed too much.

Macdonald and Boyd are your best strikers, Macdonald at championship level is a particularly excellent poacher and Boyd should do ok as an deep lying forward in attack (if things aren't going well, swap them around at half time as they can both perform these roles).

O'Neill is a good box to box midfielder

on the original game, Wheater is immense but if you have the patch he'll be gone, so I suggest you look for a replacement, I advise either Conolly from qpr or ryan bennet from peterborough.

Robson is great on all set pieces and should always be in the first team.

With the exception of Jonathan Franks (who isn't completely ready but can develop well), your wings are pretty useless and should be the main focus of your transfer targets, I suggest (on loan) Albrighton, Hoilett, Stanislas, Banton.

The rest of the squad should in theory be strong enough to get promoted. Hope that helps.

Sorry man, but I 'was' so frustrated with this team.

Thanks for the advice, though it does not help me very much now, as I just got sacked. EDIT: O'neil is a good player, but he is NOT a part of the squad in the new update.

My experiences I wish to share with other players:

JP WOODYS high scoring tactic (praised to be magnificent for Middlesbrough) was NOT good at all for my team - high scoring? Not even close. I may have been unlucky, who knows.
BORO 4-4-2 made by some other 'God of the tactics'-guy here on the forum, was NOT good at all - way too easy to break down and generates WAY too few chances.
Kris Boyd has got excellent stats, but he did not use them in my save. His rating was around 5-6 in every match.

Good luck playing with M'boro out there!

Last edited:
I started a save with boro too, and i cant find a tactic to shuit to the team, i haven't change the team a lot i only buy a Gk, Meite as CB, Antunes as LB. Kovac from Villa As DM, Luque as AML, i use a 4-2-3-1 deep tacticand it doesn't work very good :(