Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan has left the club, BBC Sport learns

• Thread starter Thread starter Jak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 2K
Boyd should be ripping up the championship this season, why is he struggling? Lack of service? He scored against us on Saturday but that's not exactly hard

Because, when he was with us, we were dominating games, so he got loads of chances, and he was a good finisher, so got lots of goals. With Middlesbrough, the games are a lot more evenly matched, so he has been getting less chances, which means less goals. I genuinely believe if you stuck Boyd in a Chelsea team, he'd score goals for fun, he thrives on good service, obviously not going to happen, but you get my drift ;)

JP Woody and Redders will be grinning from ear to ear

Good for Middlsborough, he's ******* wank.

why is he a ******? he left boro because he know he was not doing good enough instead of waiting to get fired and get a pay off. Ealier today where he said he might leave to save boro paying him off. Cant see how he is a ****** looks to me lile he seen he wasnt doing well so left for the best off the club, the more managers that do this the better instead off waiting on a big payoff.

I didn't say he was a ****** did I. I said he was 'wank' meaning he is ****. Very poor manager. Please read before going off on one.

He never called him a ******. oO)
i thought he did :S sorry about that, still think it was good of him to step down though and not wait for a payoff

I didn't say he was a ****** did I. I said he was 'wank' meaning he is ****. Very poor manager. Please read before going off on one.
Again sorry misread the post

Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan has parted company with the club following a poor start to the season.
Boro were installed as favourites to win promotion before the Championship campaign began after Strachan
spacer.gif
made some eye-catching signings in the transfer window.
However, they have struggled to find any real consistency with just three wins from their opening 11 games.
A 2-1 defeat at home to Leeds on Saturday extended Boro's winless run to four matches and left them 20th in the standings, just two points above the relegation zone.

Mowbray seems the logical choice of replacement

Mowbray=))

Strachan is always hated we hated him at Celtic yet he won 3 titles out of 4 and got to the last 16 of the champo league plus brought in Nakamura!

I'm delighted. I thought Strachan could do a good job, but he's been poor. As long as the quality of football improves, rather than the dross Strachan served up, I'll be happy even (well, when) we're not promoted. Not starting wirth 4 centre backs and 4 centre mids would be a great improvement.

Tough job for whoever's next, the squad is really unbalanced.

about time too...if he only left a month ago we could have got sven :) but good for him for leaving now , and not dragging on when he's not wanted. Will be hard for whoever comes in though, not a great squad tbh, and fans have high expectations. We should have bounced back up last season, I don't think we'll make it this season, unless whoever comes in does miracles...Southgate shouldn't have left perhaps?

If lost alot of respect for the man to be honest and i think they will get Mowbray in.

about time . He's a ****** anyway
why is he a ******? he left boro because he know he was not doing good enough instead of waiting to get fired and get a pay off. Ealier today where he said he might leave to save boro paying him off. Cant see how he is a ****** looks to me lile he seen he wasnt doing well so left for the best off the club, the more managers that do this the better instead off waiting on a big payoff.

This guy defiantly called him a ****** right :)

If lost alot of respect for the man to be honest and i think they will get Mowbray in.

I have gained respect for him.

They should go for Mourinho or something now, Benitez is also in with a shout.
If i was them though i would hold out for Ancelotti!

Boyd wasn't clinical, but he got great service. Against Dundee Utd. he scored five, but missed nine. Whereas in that game Miller has seven chances, and missed them all, that was the difference.

Im glad he's gone, his appointment has been a disaster from day 1. Fair play to Strachan though, he ripped up his contract and has walked away with no compensation and for that i applaud him. Gibson has been on local radio tonight saying how he felt sorry for Gordon, he put his heart and soul into the job but just couldn't get it right to the point of his health suffering.

I thought he did well with Celtic and Southampton before, thought he was a decent manager, sometimes it just doesn't work out for whatever reason.

Back