Midfield and striker help! (42(DM+CM)31)

EuanFox

Reaction score
Hello, as the title says, I need help with my midfield. I have been trying to get a CAM formation to work as it has done on the past games and without downloading any, so this is all mine, and it seems to work. My wingers are scoring, and the CAM is getting both goals and assists, as well as a fairly good Average Rating. This season everything has been just a bit worse that the first, but still top! The striker doesn't seem to score as much, even Phil Jones has scored more than Rooney and RvP... I was basically looking for a stick at the back defense with bombing full backs. Inside forwards cutting in with the Striker up at the top of their triangle. I wanted a CAM pushing the ball through the channels, and a CM just deeper doing similar things. The DM is just to sit back and help the CB's nothing else. Here are the screenshots, any advice?

View attachment 405220View attachment 405219View attachment 405218

Hello, as the title says, I need help with my midfield. I have been trying to get a CAM formation to work as it has done on the past games and without downloading any, so this is all mine, and it seems to work. My wingers are scoring, and the CAM is getting both goals and assists, as well as a fairly good Average Rating. This season everything has been just a bit worse that the first, but still top! The striker doesn't seem to score as much, even Phil Jones has scored more than Rooney and RvP... I was basically looking for a stick at the back defense with bombing full backs. Inside forwards cutting in with the Striker up at the top of their triangle. I wanted a CAM pushing the ball through the channels, and a CM just deeper doing similar things. The DM is just to sit back and help the CB's nothing else. Here are the screenshots, any advice?

View attachment 532607View attachment 532610View attachment 532613

I'm playing as United too, in second season and my my team are unbeaten I'm at 1st October. If you using Van Persie up front on his own, change his role to Complete Forward, if Rooney is being played in the AMC position change the role to either Shadow Striker. I'm guessing you have Carrick as your Advanced Playmaker I would change that to Deep-Lying Playmaker. Rigid and Control doesn't suit United for me that is. I have it as Attacking and Balanced and if I need to change it during a match I'll Control and Fluid. They should start playing better for you if not consider dropping Van Persie and playing either Hernandez or Welbeck in the Advanced Forward role. Hope this may have helped you out.

The tactic is actually working pretty well, I won everything season one other than capital one cup, second season second in PL and won the FA Cup and champions league. The team works, just the CM's get really low ratings and never get goals or assists... this is my team

View attachment 404872

The tactic is actually working pretty well, I won everything season one other than capital one cup, second season second in PL and won the FA Cup and champions league. The team works, just the CM's get really low ratings and never get goals or assists... this is my team

View attachment 533482

Well should make your midfielders instructions to make shorter passes if they misplace them they'll get lower ratings no doubt.