Darren83

Reaction score
So my *** manager keeps telling me my team is good and that I have good squad depth, but he's always complaining about the midfield being the weak link. So below is a list of players that I have for midfield.

I'm just starting my third season as United (2012-2013)

Midfield:

Nani (25+ assists 10+ goals)
Valencia (20+ assists 10+ goals)
Pastore (10+ assists 10+ goals)
Hargreaves
Fletcher
Anderson (bench/reserve...doesn't play much)
Chamberlain (bench/reserve...doesn't play much)
Hazard (10+ assists 10+ goals)
Rooney (15+ assists 30+ goals)
Park (bench/reserve...doesn't play much)
Leandro Bucana (touted as the next Wesley Sneijder )

Reserves:
Bebe (probably sell)
Obertan (going to OM for 9m)
Cleverly (Will get a few League/FA cup games)
Matt James (showing potential; as above)

I play a few different formations depending on what I want to achieve that game. Generally it's either 4-3-2-1, 4-4-2 or 4-2-4.

I see nothing wrong with the midfield personally. I have plenty of cover for each position This team has won the following:

EPL: 2 times
ECC: 2 times
League Cup: 1 time
Super Cup: 1 time (will be 2 soon)
Community Shield: 2 times (will be 3 soon)
FA Cup: 0 (Meh)

Park, Anderson and Chamberlain are used for League Cup/FA Cup mainly. Good squad players as they can play anywhere across the midfield.

I'm open for suggestions on ways to improve the team.

Also need a good but cheap keeper. Will only play in League/FA Cup. Neuer plays all league games unless injured. Both my reserve keepers want out as they don't get enough first team football. Max budget 3-5m.

Ta.

[[ I have 87m in the kitty. No youth. I have enough regens in the under 18's already. ]]

Last edited:
If your team is winning competitions then there isn't much of a problem. You make the team and if you're happy with it then that's all that matters. Obviously, people age and you have to replace them as time goes by but for now you seem perfectly fine. Always look at regens though, especially with a team like Man U. I barely listen to my assistant manager tbh, I sometimes wonder why he's even there because I always ignore the pre-match meetings. You're the manager and if your tactics are working then that's all that matters. I would have suggested Pastore but you already have him, maybe Paulo Henrique? Always a popular choice and has a long career ahead of him earlyish in the game.

Pastore is OK, nothing amazing though. He'll play well enough in the league (end of season avg of 7.5) but was **** in ECC with avg rating of 6.8.

Play Anderson he is class, and what formation do you use to compensate Pastore !! and use Rooney and Hernandez otherwise its a waste !!! and buy Neuer or De gea as GK and Diarra (lassana) for Mid What sort of mid as im a year ahead of you with man united !!

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Sorry m8 never read what GK you had buy Fabio from Cruzerio for GK he is a decent GK !!