gunnerjames

Reaction score
I am bit confused on what closing down and marking I should give to my two central midfielders and DMC. I am playing with an advance playmaker-attack, deep lying playmaker-support and defensive midfielder-defend. I am playing balance/control with press more and a normal defensive line. I am not sure if I should give them closing down whole pitch or own half and if should use man marking and zonal marking.

I would like my midfield to work together and not get drag out of position. So if anyone got any advice that would be great

I recently tinker with the closing down and marking of my dm and cms too and I think I've found the right setting. I put tight man marking on my 2 cm with full closing down, and tight zonal marking for my dm with slightly lower closing down than my cm. With this setting the cm will aggresively man mark the ai's cm while the dm will sit back covering them. The ai's will have less time on the ball and will have less chance!

you can set you're whole midfield to one tick below whole pitch pressing, it keeps you're midfield from dragging out of position when pressing, works best when you use it for you're whole team.