andym1690

Reaction score
im using a 442 and keep getting the message being overrun in midfield im not sure why or really understand why if anybody could please help me it would be great any feedback at all please to help me understand. here is my tactic. thanks
View attachment 118116View attachment 118115

im using a 442 and keep getting the message being overrun in midfield

Simply means the opponent has more players in and around the central midfield area than you do. Depending on how you attack or defend, this can be bad or inconsequential. If you find the opponents have more time on the ball in central midfield, you can always have a striker to man mark the deepest opposition central player to help out your two centre mids.

It rarely matters

Hey so,

I'm with Man United, season is 2022/23 and ever since I started I've been getting these messages on occasion. Usually when I play teams with packed midfields.

I play a 4-3-3 WIDE so I've got 3 central midfielders but still on occasion get the message.

Its occurring for you because of the 2 central mids. I suggest dropping one of your strikers and moving that position to either AM(C)/M(C)/DM(C). That should solve your issue.

IF however, you are still winning these games then don't change anything. It's clear the tactic is working.

Good luck ( :