BigJohnny

Reaction score
I use a 4-1-4-1 formation and i am liverpool, i have sven bender, lars bender, gerrard and lucas, where and who do i play? Thanks

----Winger--------Gerrard---Lucas-------Winger----------
--------------------------Bender------------------

Gerrard is a sure-bet in one of the CM positions, can do a shift at RM too. Sven Bender and Lucas Leiva are too similar as they both excel in DM, however, play Leiva DM and Sven CM. Not sure about Lars.

----Winger--------Gerrard---Lucas-------Winger----------
--------------------------Bender------------------

Bender is quality as a CM(D) or another defensive role as well

Lucas is better all rounded mid, meaning him and Gerrard can look to play the ball about, Gerrard can push further up knowing that he has Leiva just behind him and then Bender who is a machine behind him

Lucas would be better on the edge of the box than any of the Benders hence why Benders play in the holding DM role and not in the centre

Lucas is better all rounded mid, meaning him and Gerrard can look to play the ball about, Gerrard can push further up knowing that he has Leiva just behind him and then Bender who is a machine behind him

Lucas would be better on the edge of the box than any of the Benders hence why Benders play in the holding DM role and not in the centre.

Thanks a lot, Raikan007.

Lucas would be better on the edge of the box than any of the Benders hence why Benders play in the holding DM role and not in the centre

Thanks a lot, Raikan007.

I would look to advantage of your skill in the middle and get rid of the wingers... I would play a 4-1-3-2 something like this

GK
DC DC
WBR DMC WBL
MC MC MC

ST ST

GK: Sweeper Keeper
DC: Ball Playing Def (D); Limited Defender (X)
WBR/L: Wing Back Attack
DM: Anchor Man
MCR/MCL: Centre Mid (Support)
MC: Adv Playmaker (S/A)
ST: Deep Lying Forward (S/A) and Adv Forward (A)

DMC- Sven Bender
MCR/L - Lucas and Lars Bender
MC - Gerrard

Play Fluid football and Control - this will allow you to dominate games in the middle - have Wing Backs to provide the width and the defensive 3 of CD/CD/DM will provide more than enough cover...

Gerrard will dominate the attacking movements and will orchestrate any attack with willing runners either side and he and he can just roam and play his own game without having to worry to much about his defensive duties

If you try it let me know how it goes using the a quote... good luck with your Liverpool game​

I think Gerard is the quintessential box to box mfer!