Stickwhip

Reaction score
So I'm in my 3rd season with liverpool and after playing around with tactics i just cant seem to get my midfield right at all. I play 4-5-1 and change it round a little depending on the team e.g. play a defensive midfield away from home. I'm always losing possession and cant seem to mount good enough attacking play. I play with two wide mids, one center and two just behind the striker.

My usual midfielders i play are Di Maria, Mesut Ozil, David Silva, Gerrard and either Turan, mascherano or hamsik.

How would you set the team up? Any suggestions on player roles or duties??

Thanks a lot :)

So I'm in my 3rd season with liverpool and after playing around with tactics i just cant seem to get my midfield right at all. I play 4-5-1 and change it round a little depending on the team e.g. play a defensive midfield away from home. I'm always losing possession and cant seem to mount good enough attacking play. I play with two wide mids, one center and two just behind the striker.

My usual midfielders i play are Di Maria, Mesut Ozil, David Silva, Gerrard and either Turan, mascherano or hamsik.

How would you set the team up? Any suggestions on player roles or duties??

Thanks a lot :)
Looking at your team you've got one real ball winner in Mascherano, so you could do with a backup for him, possibly Palacios etc. As for the rest of your team, Mascherano needs to always play and win the ball for you, and just build your midfield around him really. I recommend Di Maria/Ozil on the left and Turan on the right, with Mascherano in DM and Gerrard and Silva just infront of him :)

Oh and nice team.

Honestly its not (A). Just knocked out of FA cup by reading 3-1. Only managed to get them players because i bought Chiellini for 27m and sold him in january to man city for 51m. Been knocked out of champions league at the first knock out stage as well last 2 years.

dont change your tactic away from home. i would play Di maria as a AML winger. Ozil or Silva as a AMC which role depends on there stats probably an advanced playmaker. Gerrard as an AMR inside forward.
Hamsik MC as a playmaker. Mascherano as an MC as a ball winning midfielder. You really need a good AMR like Sanchez / Marin/ messi / ronaldo etc...to replace gerrard.
When you get one sell Silva or ozil and put gerrard in the AMC role...good luck..but then Ozil could be your AML back up as he's good there. You need to buy moussa sissoko for back up in the MC defensive slot...happy days for a great team choice. Who's your defence and attackers?? can't believed you sold chiellini especially getting him for 27m
I don't rate turan but i guess he would be a decent AMR back up...but then I refuse to buy turkish players..
to summarize
AMR Gerrard for now ( bring a world class one in who's natural ) AMR backup turan
AML Di Maria AML back up Ozil??
AMC Silva or Ozil ( but when a AMR is bought I recommend gerrard as your No1 )
MC mascherano ( buy moussa as a back up )
MC Hamsik ( Nearly all your players can be a cover for this )
Remember its all opinions....good luck in getting some form back

Last edited:
I just have
Defence: Insua, Kjaer, agger, skrtel, carragher, johnson Miguel Torres.
Attackers: Loic Remy, Dzeko and Torres. next best is pacheco(out on loan)

i recommend getting Criscito as well. Maybe a world class CB ( do you have a regens yet?? )
Your strikers are really good and you only need 3.
I recommend putting torres or dzeko as target men and use a playmaker as then all your really good attackive midfielders will be up in line with the striker creating goals galore.....If you can I recomend Miacon too...Reina is world class so no change there...
Play short passing football. Free roaming and man to man and you should be good. Don't forget to go advanced tactics to play wider but slightly deeper to prevent goals as well to strike a good balance of attack/defence...

Yeah i have regens. Thats great I''l give that a go later when i get back from work. Thanks a lot.