Midfielder Gosling leaves Everton

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
He would fit in decent with us, we will turn him into a right back after we definetly need one!

Newcastle get a free signing...
Gosling gets alot of first team football...
Young English talent...
Newcastle would be stupid not to approach him, it's a win win situation.

Everton midfielder Dan Gosling has left the club and is available on a free transfer after a contract error.
The Premier League were asked to make a ruling after the England Under 21 prospect was not given a new contract offer in writing.
Everton
spacer.gif
claimed they offered Gosling
spacer.gif
a new deal verbally, but nothing was sent to him in writing by the due date.
The Premier League have now ruled Gosling is free to move on as Everton did not make a written contract offer.
As revealed by skysports.com last week Newcastle
spacer.gif
are leading the chase for the versatile star, with Sunderland
spacer.gif
and West Ham also in the hunt for Gosling's signature.
Gosling will miss the start of the new season as he is currently recovering from a serious knee injury, but it seems he will be at a new club next term.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

I hope he comes to us will do well for us.

Very odd, something must have happened behind the scenes.

Good signing for who ever he joins.

strange why he left everton as that would probabally be the best place for him to develop. hopefully he wont join someone in the top 4 just to make up their english players as he would be wasted but at least it means plymouth have missed out on their selling on clause.(6)

i wouldn't mind him going to man utd. he's young and could be a good squad player.

He's crcoked, will probably end up like James Vaughan....

I would have him at United, he has great potential and can cover numerous positions.

He wont go to a team like Man U as he wants First Team Football and wont get it there.

He's crcoked, will probably end up like James Vaughan....
Bang on Jake, been saying it all along, enough Potential but physically not sure and temperamentally not sure.

Thought he looked very promising. Hope a club that will play him regularly snatches him up.

heard about this just as it happened, im very shocked at this i thought he could of been alright in a couple of seasons

Bit disappointed that he decided to leave, but if he feels that he wants more money then I wish him good luck. Personally think he should have stayed, was getting a decent bit of playing time for someone as young as him, and Moyes would have brought him on well. But that's football, all about the money.

Plus he's a major injury risk now, cruciate ligament injuries are one of the worst out there, just look at Matthew Bates.

Bit disappointed that he decided to leave, but if he feels that he wants more money then I wish him good luck. Personally think he should have stayed, was getting a decent bit of playing time for someone as young as him, and Moyes would have brought him on well. But that's football, all about the money.

Plus he's a major injury risk now, cruciate ligament injuries are one of the worst out there, just look at Matthew Bates.
not always, van nisterlooy came back from cruciate ligaments so did solskjaer. it depends on the person. and to be honest he might get more playing time somewhere else

Supposedly he wanted wage and play time parity with Rodwell

He wanted as much playing time and more money per week than Rodwell. Not being funny or nothing, when you have an injury, like Arteta, Yakubu, Jagielka, but your young and demanding the same wages as a player who could be one of the best midfielders in the Premier League, your not going to get far since we've worked hard to keep that wage budget to a minimum. I really wished he wouldn't have gone, but he has because he wanted to be greedy. Good luck but in my opinion, you would have developed more at Everton and under Moyesy than say West Ham or Birmingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back