tkdvenezuela

Reaction score
how to make the DM (Defensive Midfielders) is placed between the CB's (Central Backs)?, and how to exploit my MC or Am, for example Lucas Modric, that is my key player, and that would be the best tactic to exploit?

Last edited:
That would depend on how you want Modric to control the game. If you want Modric to dictate play and play more of a Xavi role, then I would play a 4-3-3 and place him as an advanced playmaker-s. If, on the other hand, you want Modric further up the pitch in order to play the final through ball, then I would do a 4-2-3-1 and play him as a trequartista. However, in this setup, you wouldn't play a dm in between your 2 cbs. If its a must that you both play a single dm and you want Modric to play in a more advance position, then I would play a 4 man diamond midfield and keep Modric at AMC-trequartista. I don't like this formation as I'm partial to playing a 5 man mid, but it would allow you to maximize Modric's final pass ability and play a dm between your cbs.

If you go with the 4 man diamond mid, then I would like for other defensive minded mids with excellent d mental stats and stamina (especially work rate, positioning, teamwork and anticipation) to provide defensive cover against 5 man mids. This is especially true if you give Modric a free role. Another option would be playing a 3-2-2-1-2. You could retrain your DM as a cb and play him as a stopper (or as a libero if you want to get real creative) and then play Modric as the enganche behind your forwards. This would be great in a counter attack setup, but you should have a back up strategy when you play against elite dms as theyll mark him out of the gam.

That would depend on how you want Modric to control the game. If you want Modric to dictate play and play more of a Xavi role, then I would play a 4-3-3 and place him as an advanced playmaker-s. If, on the other hand, you want Modric further up the pitch in order to play the final through ball, then I would do a 4-2-3-1 and play him as a trequartista. However, in this setup, you wouldn't play a dm in between your 2 cbs. If its a must that you both play a single dm and you want Modric to play in a more advance position, then I would play a 4 man diamond midfield and keep Modric at AMC-trequartista. I don't like this formation as I'm partial to playing a 5 man mid, but it would allow you to maximize Modric's final pass ability and play a dm between your cbs.

If you go with the 4 man diamond mid, then I would like for other defensive minded mids with excellent d mental stats and stamina (especially work rate, positioning, teamwork and anticipation) to provide defensive cover against 5 man mids. This is especially true if you give Modric a free role. Another option would be playing a 3-2-2-1-2. You could retrain your DM as a cb and play him as a stopper (or as a libero if you want to get real creative) and then play Modric as the enganche behind your forwards. This would be great in a counter attack setup, but you should have a back up strategy when you play against elite dms as theyll mark him out of the gam.

I understand what you mean, but think that with a 4-1-3-2 run Modric as I place my medium more advanced and would allow me to play with a dm, particularly I am not fan of playing without dm.

That would work too, but that's why I was curious how you wanted to use him. When I talked about the 4-2-3-1 I meant with 2 dms and Modric as the amc. My advice with the 4-1-3-2 would be to flank him with defensive minded and high work rate/teamwork mids so you could give him more of a free role as regardless of what you do, he will not help out too much defensively and you will still be playing a 4 v 5 in the midfield against 5 midfield formations. In this setup, I would also play with attacking fullbacks a quality withdrawn striker that is trained to come deep to get the ball.

My only problem with this formation is that it leaves a large space between the strikers and the mids and I would be afraid of isolating the strikers against high quality opponents. I would definitely develop a backup strategy with to counteract this. I suppose my bias was exposed their because I didn't even consider the 4-1-3-2. I almost always play a 4-3-3 with a dm, 2 cms and 2 wingers and base my formation off of an anchorman and a dlp-s who is usually accompanied by a box to box mid. I then like to play creative wingers with attacking fullbacks as I feel this ensures that all space on the pitch is occupied. Either way, good luck.

Why not keep all your questions in one big thread or use the " I have a small question thread" instead of starting a new topic every day.

I will allow this one opened but in the future, threads like this from you will be closed

Cheers

On Topic. Its not possible to let your DMC (positioned in the DMC position) drop inbetween your DCs ( like Barca has done) when in possession. The FM match engine does not allow it. In future versions perhaps ?

That would work too, but that's why I was curious how you wanted to use him. When I talked about the 4-2-3-1 I meant with 2 dms and Modric as the amc. My advice with the 4-1-3-2 would be to flank him with defensive minded and high work rate/teamwork mids so you could give him more of a free role as regardless of what you do, he will not help out too much defensively and you will still be playing a 4 v 5 in the midfield against 5 midfield formations. In this setup, I would also play with attacking fullbacks a quality withdrawn striker that is trained to come deep to get the ball.

My only problem with this formation is that it leaves a large space between the strikers and the mids and I would be afraid of isolating the strikers against high quality opponents. I would definitely develop a backup strategy with to counteract this. I suppose my bias was exposed their because I didn't even consider the 4-1-3-2. I almost always play a 4-3-3 with a dm, 2 cms and 2 wingers and base my formation off of an anchorman and a dlp-s who is usually accompanied by a box to box mid. I then like to play creative wingers with attacking fullbacks as I feel this ensures that all space on the pitch is occupied. Either way, good luck.

thanks man, but my idea is to play with two forwards, and almost always use 4-3-3, I want to innovate, you know? why I suggested the 4-1-3-2 or can be 4-4-1-1

I do...I always feel that way too. However, usually I become disappointed with my tactic and return to some variation of the 4-3-3. I'm currently trying to convert my Betis team to a 4-2-1-2-1 wide but my fbs and strikers are completely inadequate to take on so much attacking responsibility. I'm in my 2nd season (finished 3rd in the first) and I definitely built through the middle with a bunch of AMs, cms and converted cbs. Of course, I usally end up with a team full of retrained midfielders anyway.

Creative wingers=retrained AMCs converted to wingers that play as either APs or IFs
Attacking fullbacks=retrained cms
Converted CBs=retrained DMs

Creative wingers=retrained AMCs converted to wingers that play as either APs or IFs
Attacking fullbacks=retrained cms
Converted CBs=retrained DMs

how exploit to Andres Iniesta? In the foro there are many tactics of how offering the best version so xavi or messi? But, no tactic of how offering the best version of Don Andres? so I would like a help...!

Last edited:
On Topic. Its not possible to let your DMC (positioned in the DMC position) drop inbetween your DCs ( like Barca has done) when in possession. The FM match engine does not allow it. In future versions perhaps ?

a player as Iniesta, how to get the best version of Manchego? Always to exploit it messi or xavi, but for me the most important player in Spain and Barca,in that position would be the best, and what instructions could use?

a player as Iniesta, how to get the best version of Manchego? Always to exploit it messi or xavi, but for me the most important player in Spain and Barca,in that position would be the best, and what instructions could use?

Sorry, did not understand that. What player did you want help with. Iniesta, Xavi or Messi. Or Manchego( is that not à cheese ? ). Also, in what formation and strategy, tempo etc

Sorry, did not understand that. What player did you want help with. Iniesta, Xavi or Messi. Or Manchego( is that not à cheese ? ). Also, in what formation and strategy, tempo etc

how exploit to Andres Iniesta? In the foro there are many tactics of how offering the best version so xavi or messi? But, no tactic of how offering the best version of Don Andres? so I would like a help...! In that posicion be better, more balls to the hole, more dribble... He needs? You understand?

Last edited:
how exploit to Andres Iniesta? In the foro there are many tactics of how offering the best version so xavi or messi? But, no tactic of how offering the best version of Don Andres? so I would like a help...!

OK, then I would need to know the answers to the rest of my questions. Your formation, your strategy etc . Why not upload your tactic and I will see how I would setup Iniesta.

Without this information, its impossible to say.

OK, then I would need to know the answers to the rest of my questions. Your formation, your strategy etc . Why not upload your tactic and I will see how I would setup Iniesta.

Without this information, its impossible to say.

4-3-3 or 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-2 or 4-4-1-1 formation that he is be better? that's what I want you to tell me

4-3-3 or 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-2 or 4-4-1-1 formation that he is be better? that's what I want you to tell me
Yes, but the actuall strategy and the exact appraoch within it. As I wrote, I cant say how to play a certain player if the rest of the approach does not suit his new settings. If you use him as an advanced playmaker but the fullbacks keep hitting direct balls over the top of the defence, then Iniestas settings does not matter as he wont be involved in the game anyway. If you use Messi as the centerpoint of the play and that he is setup by Xavi, Iniesta might actually have a good game to but as he gets no assist or goals, his rating wont be high

Yes, but the actuall strategy and the exact appraoch within it. As I wrote, I cant say how to play a certain player if the rest of the approach does not suit his new settings. If you use him as an advanced playmaker but the fullbacks keep hitting direct balls over the top of the defence, then Iniestas settings does not matter as he wont be involved in the game anyway. If you use Messi as the centerpoint of the play and that he is setup by Xavi, Iniesta might actually have a good game to but as he gets no assist or goals, his rating wont be high

exactly it happens, messi and xavi with high scores, and iniesta not. My formation is as follows

4-1-1-3-1

Valdes
Dani alves - pique-puyol - Abidal
Busquets DM
Xavi CM
Alexis - Iniesta AM- Villa
Messi
style of play: In the middle

with Spain

4-2-1-2-1

Casillas
Ramos-Pique-Puyol-Alba
Busquets-Xabi Alonso DM
Xavi CM
Silva-Iniesta playmaker advanced/ interior Forward/wingers
Villa
style of play: both bands

both tactics

Fluid
Control

L-Defensive --------------*- high
Field----------------*-------- Normal (almost wide)
Tempo----*-----------------Slow

exactly it happens, messi and xavi with high scores, and iniesta not. My formation is as follows

4-1-1-3-1

Valdes
Dani alves - pique-puyol - Abidal
Busquets DM
Xavi CM
Alexis - Iniesta AM- Villa
Messi
style of play: In the middle

with Spain

4-2-1-2-1

Casillas
Ramos-Pique-Puyol-Alba
Busquets-Xabi Alonso DM
Xavi CM
Silva-Iniesta playmaker advanced/ interior Forward/wingers
Villa
style of play: both bands

both tactics

Fluid
Control

L-Defensive --------------*- high
Field----------------*-------- Normal (almost wide)
Tempo----*-----------------Slow

Again, you need to post the tactic. As you obviously have tweaked some settings, I dont know how you play