LennySUFC

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a go at replicating the Hungarian 1950's tactic?

I want to give it a go, but no matter how much I read into it, I'm struggling to replicate the original roles/positions into FM. The forward line is fairly straight forward, it's the Def/Mid 5 that are the issue.

Any help or links would be greatly appreciated!

Len

EDIT -

http://footballsgreatest.weebly.com/hungary-1950s.html

For those who are not aware of the tactic

I am just about to try this with Liverpool, looks great.
Will update as I go.

That's a pretty interesting website - just goes to show how formations have changed over the years....that 1955-60 Real Madrid 3-2-2-3 is a work of art!!

For your Magyar formation, would halfbacks work as the 2 DMs? Presumably you'd want players who drop back into the back line otherwise you risk being overloaded really easily.

If you get it sussed, I'd love to see the tactic - it's definitely given me an idea or two for the future.

That's a pretty interesting website - just goes to show how formations have changed over the years....that 1955-60 Real Madrid 3-2-2-3 is a work of art!!

For your Magyar formation, would halfbacks work as the 2 DMs? Presumably you'd want players who drop back into the back line otherwise you risk being overloaded really easily.

If you get it sussed, I'd love to see the tactic - it's definitely given me an idea or two for the future.
The website has given me so many ideas to replicate a team, I'm struggling to decide who!

Tempted by the Brazil 1970 - Brazil 1970 - Football's Greatest

Here's a bit more representative positioning on the field, to get you started.
View attachment 85501

I tried to recreate this, but to no avail, since it's too offensive, and I usually try it out with Honved Budapest, which in world football is a minnow these days.
I made some small modifications, that helped me out a bit (in FM2017), but it's still a do or die tactic. I don't have the game installed atm, but it looked somewhat like this:

View attachment 85500

I will get back at you, if I still have the tactic stored somewhere.

Here's a bit more representative positioning on the field, to get you started.
View attachment 1125532

I tried to recreate this, but to no avail, since it's too offensive, and I usually try it out with Honved Budapest, which in world football is a minnow these days.
I made some small modifications, that helped me out a bit (in FM2017), but it's still a do or die tactic. I don't have the game installed atm, but it looked somewhat like this:

View attachment 1125533

I will get back at you, if I still have the tactic stored somewhere.
Looks good mate, thanks for that!

I think it'll be an issue of being countered to easily! I'll keep you posted with how it goes.

Thanks