Miguel Veloso Loyalty

darren_daz

Reaction score
It seems he has little of it.

I signed him along with a whole host of players in my first season as Spurs for 11.25 million on a 5 year contract. We ended up finishing 4th that year. He was unsettled by a lot of speculation over the summer and asked to leave, and to be transfer listed. Citing the reason as wanting to join a bigger club.

So I thought i'd show him the club can meet his ambitions. He has his mind focused the rest of the year on pastures green until we finish the following season.

We win the premier league, come runners up in the FA cup, and get knocked out of Barcelona in the Semi's of the Campions League.

He still isn't contented by this so I end up offering him to other clubs.

He leaves, to Feynoord. A club with ambitions of 3rd in the Eredivisie and nationally known.

I end up selling him for 19.5 million up front cash and a 50% of next transfer sell on fee.

Anybody else had a story like this?

Last edited:
No, never had a problem like that with Veloso. He was always loyal for me that the fact is i used him as a central midfielder which inst even his natural position.

I've played the game a few times through but this is the first when he's gone a year feeling this way and then still, even after winning the league wanted to leave. I inserted a buy back clause for 29.5 million in case he comes to his senses. With the 50% selling on fee wouldn't I in effect be making money from the transfer lol?

What made me laugh at the end of the day is the club he ended up going to, it's a step down.

I had ukranian wonderkid (a regen) who was a proper diva, after paying 40 mil for him he missed the first game because he was still drunk from the previous night, (I'm not kidding) he missed about 50 days of training because he couldn't settle down, and then he pretty much argued with every ref, and then moaned about wanting to move to be a bigger club (ok I was stalybridge) despite winning the Champions league! He went to real madrid for 66 mil. A season later they sold him back to Russia for like 28 mil.

I loved every minute of the game with him in.

i had srna act the same way, i was playing ronaldo and guardado in the wing positions and evra/ramos in the defence so he started ********, he requested a move so i denied it, i then decided seeing as hed been a pain in the *** id keep him for as long as possible and never allow him to move.
luckily this was in about 2013 season and he had 4 years left on his contract.
it was funny to see him retire without playing a competitive game for 2 years.

it was incredibly pointless and i wasted about 80k a week on this but no one questions me! lol

It seems he has little of it.

I signed him along with a whole host of players in my first season as Spurs for 11.25 million on a 5 year contract. We ended up finishing 4th that year. He was unsettled by a lot of speculation over the sammer and asked to leave, and to be transfer listed. Citing the reason as wanting to join a bigger club.

So I thought i'd show him the club can meet his ambitions. He has his mind focused the rest of the year on pastures green until we finish the following season.

We win the premier league, come runners up in the FA cup, and get knocked out of Barcelona in the Semi's of the Campions League.

He still isn't contented by this so I end up offering him to other clubs.

He leaves, to Feynoord. A club with ambitions of 3rd in the Eredivisie and nationally known.

I end up selling him for 19.5 million up front cash and a 50% of next transfer sell on fee.

Anybody else had a story like this?
I had a similar problem with Veloso. He said he was unsettled and such and was wanting to leave. All I did was basically ignored him. I kept playing the same team with the same tactics and just kept on winning after a month or so he settled down again. While he was unsettled though I asked him to suggest some players and coaches that might be a good fit. I never signed any of them but maybe the fact there was a little interaction he might have felt better by that. I guess the sad thing in the FM game and in the reality of real football is that sometimes some players maybe just want a fresh start.

i had srna act the same way, i was playing ronaldo and guardado in the wing positions and evra/ramos in the defence so he started ********, he requested a move so i denied it, i then decided seeing as hed been a pain in the *** id keep him for as long as possible and never allow him to move.
luckily this was in about 2013 season and he had 4 years left on his contract.
it was funny to see him retire without playing a competitive game for 2 years.

it was incredibly pointless and i wasted about 80k a week on this but no one questions me! lol

******* :D, didn't know they retired if they didn't get games!

Veloso will now be wasting his talent in the Dutch league, unless he moves for a big money move to one of the big guns, then i'll be rolling in it! :D

I had a similar problem with Veloso. He said he was unsettled and such and was wanting to leave. All I did was basically ignored him. I kept playing the same team with the same tactics and just kept on winning after a month or so he settled down again. While he was unsettled though I asked him to suggest some players and coaches that might be a good fit. I never signed any of them but maybe the fact there was a little interaction he might have felt better by that. I guess the sad thing in the FM game and in the reality of real football is that sometimes some players maybe just want a fresh start.

I've played through a few times, once he was that way for several months and ended up settling but this time, there was no give. I realised he shouldn't be in my team when I dropped two points against a bitter rival because of him. He made two mistakes, two goals. He was in and out of the team, mainly bringing him on when I had no other choice of when the game was won, still made 21 league appearances.

Last edited:
For me Veloso also got unsettled at the end of my first season with him. Arsenal and a whole host of other clubs wanted at him but i didnt sell and he eventually forgot about it. 3 seasons later and his status is "loving life at the club" :D

mate it was reeeeally pointless because he is a great player, i just kept slagging him off in the media and eventually it just said he was retiring at the end of the season, he was pretty old though like 33/34 or something

he has been extremely loyal to me hey, maybe its because he is captain of my Newcastle team and my Portugal squad, but even before being captain and managing Portugal he was never swayed by interest in him, Aresenal have been after him for 2 years straight now and everytime they make an offer (30 million plus) i re offer an exchange for Fabregas and they never accept!

he never wants to leave or anything! been really good!