Ec

Reaction score
Capello Retires

Monday 22nd June '09
The English FA have confirmed the resignation and the retirement of Fabio Capello today.
"I would just like to relax and enjoy retirement, back home in Italy" Fabio told BBC Sport. "I wish England all the best, and Im sure they will be very successful" He added.

The FA told SkySports they are going to take about two weeks to look at the options as they do not want to be rushed and appoint the wrong person. "We have a few names in mind however, we will take our time" Chairman Roger Burden said.

Tuesday 7th July '09

View attachment 92927

A press conference was held earlier today and new England manager, Mike Bassett, had this to say: "Im delighted to have the chance to show the nation what I can do" He said.

Bassett was previously manager of Norwich City and led them to JP Trophy glory.

Spokesman of the FA, David Sheepshanks released this statement: "We, the English FA, have studied all options and have felt Mr Bassett has what it takes to lead England to glory. He was very successful with Norwich City, and has a good history"

A spokesman for the England fans had this to say: "We were not expecting this. We don't know how to react to this appointment, the first game will show us what Bassett is capable of"

Due to the current 1 story rule, I have closed your other one here and opened this one.

thnks, i dont know how to close the thread things yet ;) im still learning :L

Loved the mike bassett england manager movie and i hope this is just as good. Good luck mate ;)

World Rankings
Wednesday 15th July '09
FIFA have announced the World Rankings today, England are a respectable 7th while Brazil remain 1st with Spain 2nd.
"I totally disagree, England should be number one!" Bassett said at a press conference. "How do FIFA determine these rankings?!" He angrily added.

"What will you change within the England squad to make England higher in the rankings?" A reporter from The Sun newspaper asked.
"Well the captain has to change, I have a few names in mind, also I will make the England team go back to the 4-4-2 formation, I also think one or two Norwich players deserve a call-up" Mike Bassett answered.

Concerned fans had this to say: "Norwich players?! Norwich are League One, they won't be able to compete with the level and pace of international football"
"England havnet played 4-4-2 for a while, this will be interesting, Im fully behind Bassett"