Miller set for Rangers return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolped7

Reaction score
Bursaspor striker Kenny Miller could be set for a return to former club Rangers, just six months after leaving them to join his current side. Miller, who helped the former Turkish champions to third place in the Super Lig, as well as clinch the SPL top goalscorers title despite a half-season absence, could be set to sign for Ally McCoist's side for the third time in his career.

Miller, 31, has not settled in Turkey since his £400,000 move in January, and will discuss a possible move home with Bursaspor official Erkan Kamat.

Gers boss Ally McCoist said: "Kenny has never been out of my thoughts. He is a player who did very, very well for us. He is a good lad who gets on well with everyone here and he knows everyone at the club. I wouldn't rule him out."

He also added: "A 30-goal-a-season man costs a lot of money, but I believe any striker of quality playing in our team will get chances to score.
"I would be hopeful of getting someone in who can hold their own in terms of goalscoring and contribute in other ways as well."

McCoist has had a frustrating summer in the transfer market, with the likes of Craig Conway, Neil Danns and Tamir Hamed opting to move elsewhere, and only signing one man in former Almeria midfielder Juan Manuel Ortiz, but is confident of signing Espanyol defender Raul Rodriguez.

BBC Sport - Kenny Miller to hold Bursaspor talks about Rangers move

Status
Not open for further replies.