Minimum Condition For Player To Start

nani17united

Reaction score
When you pick your line ups, hat is the lowest condition your player should have for them to start?

I am wanting your opionion :)

I generally believe they should have a minumum of 95 to get a start, but if that is the case there is a lot of rotating. So I am starting to think maybe I should sacrifice a bit more condition so my best XI can gel together for a string of games.

What do you think?

If player condition is 91% or above, they play. Thats what i do anyway

My minimum condition is 90%. If they are below that then I make sure they don't play, even if it means bringing in players from my youth squad.

If it's Scott Parker for West Ham play him unless he has two broken legs and an inner ear infection.

94% unless its key players for key games when i'll drop it to 90% :)

Usually 90% and over and match fit. Any who aren't, play for reserves until they are.

I go 90% also, but if it's a big game and a key player, I have gone down to 85% in the past

95% or 90% depends on player, match and level of back up player

If I can I'll play someone else if they're below 94%. If it's a big/game key player, I'll play them in the high 80's if I don't have a player to sub in or one that can play to the standard.

90%, but i may allow up to 87% depending of the importance of the player

try to keep all players starting 93+ but have gone down to 89 before

Normally I only go for 94% or higher, a key player maybe down to 90% for a big game. on the bench, anything down to 80%, can always come on in the 2nd half to bail me out if needed that way!

to everyone who considers playing key players at 80something%, i find it really good to use them as impact subs instead of them just being dead by half time, it works a lot. just a tip :)

edit - as grenwald just beat me to saying... :p

It all depends on what the average fitness of the squad is. For example, if 1 of my players has a fitness of 93% whereas the rest are 98% plus then i would be looking to rest that player. But if the whole squad, or at least all other players in the same position, are around the same fitness then my minimum would be 92%.

95% above = XI
<95% = X1 SUBS.

exclude GKs

80-90 = no match. ] if so could play for reserves

Minimum 95%. No match if lower no matter what. If it's a key player that has 90 - 94%, then he should be a half time substitute.

On my saves, I always try to build two starting eleven's that are equally as good and rotate them between all matches... Especially when competing in the league, domestic and european cups within a season, this way the players will always have a 99-100% condition... Also, seems to me that players get injured easily if they play under 95%...

90%, unless it's my keeper I'll allow down to 80%.. My defence is normally pretty solid anyway.