ibbyb7

Reaction score
hey i dont know if this is a bug or whatever, but one of my players has a release clause to higher division clubs of 5 mill, so wolves make a bid for thomas drage, star man helped me to top of championship in jan, played 25,11goals,8 assists. they make an offer of 1mill plus 5 million over 18months and it triggers his release clause, but then when i wana bid for a player and match his release clause through monthly installments the other team can reject the bid, i have t offer the money upfront to trugger the clause of else it doesnt work. bullshit or what?

1. I never get what you experience. With clauses I always use instalments and nobody complains.
2. You should not offer players release clauses. If you are forced to, make them higher.

hmm, aybe a bug in my game or something. haha i know! usually i never ever offer release clauses but i wanted drage badly and he was tranfer listed, only cost me 750k and when he asked for a release clausei though yeah whatever, nobody is gunna buy him, litle do i know 2 years later hes gone to wolves for 6.25 mill and not a damnthing i can do about it. tok a wgae hike from 7k a weekk to 30k lol. judas.

I just tried it and found the same as ibbyb. At least, bidding for a player with a £925k release clause, you could offer £900k + £100m in instalments and it still didn't make the 'Offer must be accepted as it meets an active release clause' message appear on the right. Given what Manumad said, maybe if you put in a bid of equivalent value they might accept it anyway even though that message doesn't appear?

I hate release clauses but sometimes it's that or you don't get the player. Example of when it's a no-brainer - I joined Norwich in November and Seb Bassong was in the last year of his contract with Liverpool sniffing. I managed to get him to sign an extension but only with an £11.5m release clause - almost exactly his 'estimated value'. Liverpool duly activated it in the summer and got him for about £6-8m less than they should have paid. But better than seeing him walk for free.

I have two players on release clauses at the moment. John Ruddy on £22m - I'll be delighted if someone buys him for that, he's 30 and hardly played the last two seasons due to injury. And Filip Djuric on £20m, about to join for a bargain-bin £6m from Roma - triple my money plus change sounds very nice as it stands, and if he turns into a key player I can always renegotiate.

Even for a player like IAGO ASPAS with an 8.75m I bid the whole amount in instalments with no problems.

I always bid the whole amount in instalments so maybe thats your solution ...